Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Sti 4 piston front brakes in rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM

Car Info: limted sti 07
Sti 4 piston front brakes in rear

Whats good i-club members i got a question that i've had never gotten answered so i come to y'all asking for some needed help my friend is selling his Stock front Sti brembo 4 piston caliper and front rotor to me and i was just wondering if it is possible to have his Stock Sti 4 piston brembo caliper and rotor installed on the rear axle of my sti their for replacing the stock 2 piston caliper in the rear with the front 4 piston caliper and rotor of a stock sti so again if anybody could answer me it would greatly appreciated
Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 AM

Car Info: L
I think that depends on how much work you want to do. bolt in? I highly doubt it.

Up for some fabrication? First problem, is the spacing would be wrong- smaller rotors in rear. Next, rotor width- non vented. I bet if you spent enough time in the Wilwood catalog you could find a 2 piece rotor hat/disc that would fit both the hand brake drums and the diameter that the caliper will fit. Brembo has the info you need when determining width and diameter. Lastly the master cylinder proportion would be wrong. This might make your abs pissed off, but who needs that crap anyways? The m/c feeds a lower volume to the rear, thus reducing pressure to those big *** calipers... That would make the rears break loose easier when left foot braking.... muh haha!! left foot brake throttle oversteer ftw!!!

In a nutshell, make a bracket for the right caliper spacing, find the right rotor and call it good. Sounds like a fun project.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
Undoubtedly to much piston surface area for the master cylinder. Even after you do all the work to make them physically fit.