Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Stainless Steel Brake Lines

I've got an 02 wrx wagon and was considering putting stainless steel brake lines on as it's time to change my brake fluid anyway. In any case, are these the right part for my car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...spagenameZWDVW

if not, or if those are ABSOLUTE garbage or something, please direct me to the part I need.

Also, what brake fluid would everyone recommend I use with these? While I'm in there I may need to change my pads too, what would you guys recommend as far as brake pads. Keeping in mind with the fluid and brake pads that this car is a daily driver that doesn't really see any track time, though I live in an area that is rainy a good portion of the year.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
I have always been a believer in ATE Super Blue. I have used it on many different cars (autocross, track, street) cars. Good stuff!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by scared0o0rabbit
I've got an 02 wrx wagon and was considering putting stainless steel brake lines on as it's time to change my brake fluid anyway. In any case, are these the right part for my car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...spagenameZWDVW

if not, or if those are ABSOLUTE garbage or something, please direct me to the part I need.

Also, what brake fluid would everyone recommend I use with these? While I'm in there I may need to change my pads too, what would you guys recommend as far as brake pads. Keeping in mind with the fluid and brake pads that this car is a daily driver that doesn't really see any track time, though I live in an area that is rainy a good portion of the year.

Thanks for the help.
To be perfectly honest, I have no experience with those stainless steel lines. I am always a bit wary of purchasing off of eBay due to the amount of knock-off products there are. For only a few dollars more, you could go with some Techna-Fit brake lines which are great performers and pretty popular.

As far as fluid is concerned, I recommend either the ATE Super Blue as mentioned previously or the Motul. Both will serve you well.

For brake pads, I think you'd be really happy with the Hawk HPS. They provide quite a bit more grab than stock and they are quiet as well. I run these on my own car and I really like their performance and driveability.

Hopefully this helps you out