Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Spring Lengths (Front & Rear Swapped?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Zophod

Sounds like you have it figured out. I agree, the top adjustment should be on front and the side adjustment should be on the rear so you probably received the wrong struts. FYI, I’ve always heard great things about Tirerack and their service so I doubt you will have any problems getting the right parts.

Keep us posted
Joe
Old 06-30-2005, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Scottzg

Everything I’ve read says that the motion ratio is 1:1 but to be quite honest I’ll have to admit I don’t know much about it other since it doesn’t play as much of a roll with the WRX. I’m going to have to buy a book on suspensions so I have a better understanding on suspension geometry.

I agree that progressive rates suck when it comes to serious performance but they aren’t all that bad if you just want to increase performance some and still maintain a comfortable ride. I’ll admit, I wish I would have went with some Prodrives (linear) rather than my SPT’s (progressive) since they are comfortable and linear but I got the SPT’s for free with my Subaru bucks and at the time I was concerned with comfort. Now I’m not as concerned with comfort so I’m going with a Koni G/C setup but I still have comfort in mind (front 9” 280#, rear 8” 250#).