Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Quick ratio steering (aftermarket options?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 04 Red Impreza, 84 Levin GT-SR5
the unit Crucial Racing was selling was the same as the L&E unit, they made them for Crucial. I have one in my car. Daily drivability is not affected as long as you pay attention to what you're doing. I've autocrossed once with it and it was marvelous. I dont even remember how the original steering was. Its quicker than the stock sti unit, but not over whelming. I say its a cheaper alternative to the revlab unit, 1/3 the cost.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:24 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Did you get yours from Crucial Racing or directly from L&E? If you put the unit in yourself, how difficult was the install?

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 04 Red Impreza, 84 Levin GT-SR5
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
Did you get yours from Crucial Racing or directly from L&E? If you put the unit in yourself, how difficult was the install?

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
I got mine from Crucial but was helped from L&E. The replacement bolts needed were missing so L&E sent them to me.

Install took 2 days. If you can install a u/p then this should be fairly easy. Just helps to have an extra hand when putting in the new column.
Day 1, started at 9PM, 2hrs to pull out stock column and find out the bolts are missing, sent email to L&E for bolts.
Day 2, received confirmation in the morning that they would be sending the bolts. Got home at around 6PM didn't feel like waiting a couple days, so i went to Home Depot and fabbed myself the 2 replacement bolts. Finished install in less than 2hrs.
Day 3, the bolts arrived. I now have extras.