Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Progress Springs...Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:09 AM

Car Info: Vishnu Stg.1 2003 WRX
Progress Springs...Opinions??

Wassup fellow i-clubbers. I am having a little trouble picking out what kind of springs to get. First of all, I am running 18's with 215/35's on it, so the tires are really really thin. Anyways, when I put the rims on, a massive front fender gap developed and it just looks plain horrible. Anyways, I was shopping around for springs, and I saw a good deal on some progress springs. I think they lower the car 1.8 F and 1.2 R. Any opinions on these springs? Or any opinions on any springs in general that will get rid of that fender gap? I don't Auto-X at all so I don't want really stiff springs. Thanks in advance for any help and opinions.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Anyone??
Old 06-28-2005, 05:17 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
I just installed whitline flat out progressive springs and I love them. Here are pics of before and after
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...15#post1073415
I was a bit worried about the fitment but 500miles of very hard driving and no complaints.
I have tried regular drop springs and adjustible coil-overs with adjustible struts and they all bounced so much. These on the other hand are great, they give you the lower stance and are only about 10% stiffer than the stock, wich is enough to give you a stable feeling out of them but not enough to make it uncomfertible to drive on long road trips, or daily driving.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the pics. Also, thats a nice clean ride you got.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Think about it...Springs...Coilovers=anti-wife device...death to car

Not sure what you are looking for but here is what I have done...and what you are about to begin...learn from me...

1. Bought 04 STI new...

2. Wanted to drop car...bought Espelir ASD Springs...nice upgrade from stock but I did buy the Perrin Rear Sway bar first (this made the biggest difference in handling)...started scraping my front end on driveways...much stiffer ride from stock springs. Rear end lower than fronts.

3. Upgraded to TEIN Flex / EDFC...Evened out the stance, fairly low, (~1.5 fingers between tire and fender on all 4 corners)...still scraping of course but added adjustability for height as well as dampening...pretty stiff but comfortable...noisy...all coilovers at low speeds will introduce noise, at speed it is fine...anti-wife device....

4. Due to this anti-wife device, I must sell and revert back to a tamer ride/stance. Will probably get, after a week of research...Prodrive springs for the STI. Although most advertising states a 20mm (~3/4") drop on all 4's, Every picture I have seen shows an "Even" stance with about 2 - 2.5 fingers between the tire and fender on all four corners...which approximates to ~1.5 drop front and ~.5 rear...which is perfect... The ride is suppose to be firm but compliant...

What stance are you looking for? Are you looking for performance? Are you looking to scrape your front end on driveways? You want a stiff ride with a lot of noise? You want the butt sagging look...these are some questions you should consider when selecting a spring/coilover...

BTW, a friend of mine over here has the progress springs and is experiencing clunking noises as well as an uneven drop on his front end (left and right side gaps are different...)

Last edited by Island Style; 06-28-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:54 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
Originally Posted by SlobaruWRX
Thanks for the pics. Also, thats a nice clean ride you got.
its going down the tubes a bit but working here and there to fix things. it started with some one ripping my airfoil off, then backing into my fender than some one nearly taking my bumper off but just ripped the mount off of the other fender... ect... so yeah its getting better. thanks thou.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:37 PM

To answer your question on progress, they work great no sag. and handles better than eibach springs.. i have them on my 04 and 30k and they are great