Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Progress Adjustable Sway Bar (WRX) ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX | 95 GC
Question Progress Adjustable Sway Bar (WRX) ?

I was just wondering if any one had experience with these. I currently have the SPT kit installed, and was looking for a way to dial out the last of the understeer present in the handling of the WRX.

TIA.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Rapid_Roo
I was just wondering if any one had experience with these. I currently have the SPT kit installed, and was looking for a way to dial out the last of the understeer present in the handling of the WRX.
The Progress bar should do it for you. A lot of people recommend heavy-duty mounting hardware like Kartboy (out-of-stock), Perrin, or Whiteline to make the bar respond faster.

Sport Compact Car magazine uses the Progress adjustable bar at the back of their Project WRX and they seem happy with it. The March 2003 issue (may not be on newstands, yet) has the editors upgrading to the SPT (STi) front suspension and they had to adjust the Progress rear anti-sway bar to take out some oversteer. Did you retain the factory front anti-sway bar or put on the smaller SPT bar?

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush
Old 01-27-2003, 08:47 AM

I have the full monty on it. They replaced the front sway bar with the smaller unit. I also read that article on the SPT (after the mine was installed) in SCC. I agree and disagree with them. I will post what I think of the whole system after a little more experience with it and at least one auto-x outing.

If anyone wants to throw in some info on the anti-lift kits (ALK) and the sway bar end links. I would greatly appreciate. I know there is a ton of info on the board already. I am sifting through the searches now. I have found that underhard acceleration out of a corner, the front inside wheel does lift quite a bit and the rear squats. The one major thread I read on the ALK, described it being named ALK as a bit of a misnomer, but when the discussion of what it actually did got into the whole mechanical engineering aspect, it went over my head, I need to re-read that section.

I know I could go a long way, by just changing the tires, but I want to maximize the suspension with the stockers on it, figuring that once better wheels and tires are mounted, it will be much better already.

TIA for listening to me ramble.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:11 PM

bump