Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

PLS Help: Fog Lights Out

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Unhappy PLS Help: Fog Lights Out

Whats up guys.

I ran into a bit of a problem. I tried searching but would not find an answer to resolve the issue.

I recently changed out my headlights from OEM to black housing ones from ebay. (I just got my WRX last week)

I changed my turn signal bulbs to some whites from Pep Boys and my headlights to Sylvania Silver Stars.

I was having an issue with my turn signals hyper blinking so I figured out that one of the bulbs was not tight enough.

I got that issue resolved, but now I noticed that my foglights arent working at all.

I tried changing the bulbs, but that didnt help.

I tried changing the fuses (15).. I grabbed a spare from the main box in the engine and switched it out with the one under the dash.

I tried making sure all the wires and everything were installed right and in tact.

Nothing is helping my fog lights turn back on. The fog light button inside wont light up when I press it. I am not sure if that might be the issue. The cruise control lights up Orange but the Fog light doesnt light up at all.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 03WrX-VF22-17 PSI
I m having the exact same issue with my fog lights, my fog switch doesn't light up either. I've checked all fuses and swapped the relays...etc...please help us!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 03WrX-VF22-17 PSI
I m thinkin of cutting them fog light wires and tap them onto the current working parking light wires? anyone tried this method?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Cool helps on the way.

yea i have the same lights, they suck, anyway, the reason ur fog lights dont work is the car thinks the highbeams are on, because the oem lights use a dual fillament bulb, the projectors do not, they use 2 diff bulbs, by doing this the car thinks its highbeams are on(foglights dont work while on highbeams) . heres what were going to do, in the dash switch for the fog lights there are 3 wires going to the switch, 2 of them are on and off and one of them breaks the connection when its gets power from the high beams, all we need to do is find the wire that gets hot when the high beams are on and inturrupt it, (cut it). this will enable you to use ur fog lights no matter what with the flip of the switch. o as u said im sure u can wire them through a toggle switch and directly to the battery. heres my problem with the lights, i need to find a way for the lights only to use one set of bulbs whem the high beams are on, when i turn on my high beams all 3 bulbs are on and very dim because the new projectors arent wired to pull enough power to keep them light at normal wattage. help me with that one.