Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Pillowball mounts or not

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 08:14 AM
cnk

You're confusing pillowball mounts with camber plates. You can have pillowball mounts without camber plates. The use for pillowball mounts is to remove the flexibility of the rubber top mounts. This results in a tighter suspension, but at the cost of noise and a rougher ride. In most cases, coilovers come with pillowball mounts all around with camber plates in the front. Some pillowball mounts are noisy and others are not. I have Cusco Zero 2r's and my pillowball mounts are silent. I know that Teins clunk a bit, but it appears to be a hit or miss thing with them.

Calvin
Old 03-03-2003, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Subaru WRX / Vishnu Stage 2
That is very true CNK , my Tein HA's create a little more road noise then one may hear with other packages without camber plates that replace the PBM's but they have no clunking or other harsh hitting noises. I have ridden in other cras with them as well and have noticed a considerable amount of metal "squeaking" and clunking( I know these terms are extremely scientific )

I think it depends on the proper installation of the units and even after you install them the best thing to do is throw the car back on the rack after a few hundred miles and go over the install again to see how everything has settled and to take another look at your work to make sure things are A OK!!

Good luck on your quest.

King