Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Perrin Rear Sway Bar & End Links

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 07:12 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Perrin Rear Sway Bar & End Links

Just got a Perrin rear sway bar and a set of their endlinks from AXR online. They rock, the amount of body roll on the WRX has been drasticaly reduced because of this the car handels more predictably and you can drive it safley at much higher speeds. I got them from arxonline.com Alex at AXR was awsome, he had the parts to me in less than a week and the customer service was great. He even followed up with me after I recieved the parts, pricing was good and he had them when a few other places I tried did not. I recomend checking them out, I will send them my business from now on.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:39 AM

Car Info: was 05 WRX Wagon
Glad to hear about your Perrin setup. I was just in Chicago over the weekend visiting some family. I wish I could've brought my car over though, it would have been fun driving in the snow Sunday .
Old 01-07-2004, 01:33 PM

for christmas i got the perrin front and rear sway bars with rear end links. its set up with the softer setting in the front and the medium setting in the back. the difference is night and day, i can push it so much harder in the turns and it no longer understeers. the car rotates around corners a lot better now. i would deffinatly recommend this set up to others.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
i heard somewhere that if you get both front and rear sway bar its only like having it stock again and there will be understeer still? is this true i wasnt too sure myself.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:58 PM

the front sway bar does nto need replacing, but by replacing both it will not give you a "stock" setup b/c the bars are much beefier and stronger, with different size settings
Old 01-19-2004, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
yep, perrin makes nice stuff. i might go with them again soon. b
Old 01-22-2004, 08:46 PM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
Yeah Perrins HD mounts really make a difference! And they look really good too!

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 01-23-2004, 07:38 AM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
six1five - Yup you are correct!

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 01-23-2004, 07:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Thumbs up Perrin

Yep the Perrin rsb is good stuff!

I had the set up pre-current sti stuff and it was very solid. For me with the wagon it created much snap oversteer which I wasn't comfortable with so I just took off the Perrin endlinks, put the stock one back in and left the rear bar on the softest setting and it was much better for me. When I added the sti rear set up the Perrin bar wouldn’t fit so I went with a stock sedan bar. I sold the Perrin bar to another guy with a wagon and he loved it. Guess I just have a different driving style.

LB
Old 01-23-2004, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: Perrin

Originally posted by lowball
Yep the Perrin rsb is good stuff!

I had the set up pre-current sti stuff and it was very solid. For me with the wagon it created much snap oversteer which I wasn't comfortable with so I just took off the Perrin endlinks, put the stock one back in and left the rear bar on the softest setting and it was much better for me. When I added the sti rear set up the Perrin bar wouldn’t fit so I went with a stock sedan bar. I sold the Perrin bar to another guy with a wagon and he loved it. Guess I just have a different driving style.

LB
You drive faster than he does. I've learned that the faster I'm going, the less I wish I had a bigger sway bar. I'm very happy with 20mm now.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Re: Re: Perrin

Originally posted by BAN SUVS
You drive faster than he does. I've learned that the faster I'm going, the less I wish I had a bigger sway bar. I'm very happy with 20mm now.
Nothing wrong with some 110mph+ lift off oversteer Just think D1 and keep going....

Perrin bars and links are good stuff. HD mounts are a must for folks pushing their cars, come check the 20+ broken stockers in the "these bits suck" bin we have at the shop.

Mike