Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

new age: sti suspension people..whats you opinion on the setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 12:23 PM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
Good upgrade. It is probably the best way to go right now without going up to a coilover setup. I like it alot. The ride is not harsh and it is still comfortable even over hard bumps. Some have said that it is comparable if not better that DMS 40s. It is definitely stiffer than stock. I have noticed that the steering is much more responsive than the stock setup after putting this on. I would suggest that you put the STI hardened Top hats on if you go with this setup. The car does lean a lot less and it handles much more neutral. Understeer is greatly reduced and the setup is much more predictable. I like it a lot as you can see. It is pretty much the only setup I recommend right out without going to coilovers. No quarks at all and I would not change it for anything else. Although when Prodrive does have their setup out. I would definitely want to try that setup out. If you have any questions about it feel free to PM me.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 08 FS/07 FXT/93 GC8 blue/black/black
i concour
it is a good setup for the $$$

the take offs from AV motorsports is the best deal (about the same price but w/ top hats)

that said i bought eibachs and front and rear sway bars... it feels simmilar .. till you go over a speed bump
Old 11-24-2002, 03:54 PM

My experience is the same as RSdrivers and also suggest the STi top mounts as well. I dont have the front aluminum control arms either. you can get the SPT strut and spring combo and STi topmounts through avsport in AZ for a good price.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:16 PM

I do not recommend the front arms at all unless you are seriously going to use them strictly for a "racing only" application. The reason is because those arms are soo stiff that you could end up bending your chassis and not the arm. If anything were to happen, I am sure that you would rather have a bent suspension arm then a bent chassis. The steel arms give just enough flex so that a minimal amount of an impact will affect the chassis.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:40 PM

I guess what I described above is not good enough eh?
Old 11-24-2002, 05:56 PM

Car Info: WRBlue WRX modded!!!
i have the suspension from a U.K. Prodrive/STi Car
V7 struts, STi top mounts and Prodrive springs rated for uk roads which work out very very nice for the roads i drive ....Spring rate is approx 3-5% softer than the STi springs
so yer filings don't fall out on cr*p made roads ....and the car is lowered approx 1.5inch

very impressed with it and a total plug and play set-up so i don't have to make my brain work like with coilovers ...0.02 worth

Andy
Old 11-24-2002, 07:06 PM

I would seriously like to test out the difference between the Prodrive setup and the STi setup. I am really curious to know the difference.

Impreziv, that is harsh. :/

Quick Reply: new age: sti suspension people..whats you opinion on the setup?