Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

my brakes soundlike a rattle snake

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 04:12 PM

Car Info: '04 wrx sedan
my brakes soundlike a rattle snake

i just got ebc green pads and ebc rotors for my 04wrx. now when i drve at low speeds both front pads make a yard sprinkler type of noise. and when i driveabove 40 it sounds like a rattlesnake. when ever i brake it sounds the same as it does at hi speeds. anyone experience the same problem before andif so what did u do to fix it.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 PM

Car Info: My 2009 FIT for sale!!!!!!!!!!
is it the rotors slotted? if it is, its the pads dragging over the slots. trying giving a brake check(stomp on the brakes) a few times. may help.... just my two cents.

Originally Posted by blkrex04
i just got ebc green pads and ebc rotors for my 04wrx. now when i drve at low speeds both front pads make a yard sprinkler type of noise. and when i driveabove 40 it sounds like a rattlesnake. when ever i brake it sounds the same as it does at hi speeds. anyone experience the same problem before andif so what did u do to fix it.