Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers ARE THEY GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:30 AM

JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers ARE THEY GOOD

I WAS WONDERING IF THE JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers ARE GOOD FOR MY 2005 WRX
Old 03-15-2005, 08:33 AM

I HEARD THAT THE JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers ARE HIGH MAINTENCE ANY BODY HAS JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers SETUP IN THEIR WRX HOW DOSE IT HANDLE GIVE ME YOU INPUT
Old 03-15-2005, 08:33 AM

Post Picture Of You Set-up
Old 03-17-2005, 10:10 PM

Car Info: 2.5RS STI swapped
I have some JIC's in my GC6. I had KYB AGX struts and ground control springs. It's very different. I have crazy travel now but they don't move anyway. If the springs were softer the wheels would bump the top inside of my fender, the metal not the liner. I'm also flossin the 8kg springs in the front and 6kg in the rear. So it's pretty hard especially in such a light car. Well I will say this some bumps seems much much harder and some bumps are smoother. Over all it's a firm ride. The dampeners are set on medium. I'm going to try soft when I get it corner balanced. I live in San Francisco so it's pretty hard. I love them so far tho. I have all the suspension done for the most part, minus bushing replacements.

One thing I noticed off the bat was in corners the "bite" is crazy. With the strut/spring combo it handled great. But there is a big difference The engine has to really hunker down and it juuuuust catches the asphalt and you're like ... god damn! But these are just inital impression it's been litterally hours since they've been installed.

I would also kind of weigh you options based on how much track you're going to do and how much city driving you're going to do and what kind of roads are in your way. I wouldn't have installed them but they were free so I was like what the hell. I had to pay for them to get install but my mechanic rox and only charged me 250 for everything. I would say tho they're harsh in my car. I heard the new US spec ones are my comfortable and don't lose much for handling. Mine are from Japan I'm told. I'm down with it, but they are not going to impress your g/f.

cheers

garrett
Old 03-19-2005, 04:10 PM

I'd like to revise my statement.......

.... Some days later and HOLY HELL! It's not a good idea if you have crappy roads like we have in San Francisco. Keep in mind, mine are the JDM FLTA2's. But they are pretty harsh. I'm still diggin the turning ability but the harshness is getting to me. My niece threw chow in the back seat due to the bumpy ride on the freeway. I'll be swaping them out soon I think.

If I lived anywhere but San Francisco I'd prolly keep them.

cheers

garrett
Old 03-19-2005, 04:27 PM

Car Info: .............................................................................
JIC's are great at the track.......not on the street if you don't have a dentist on retainer.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 PM

Car Info: Vishnu Wrx Stage Zero
What about the FLTA1'S. Any input on those. What are the differences
Thanks
John
Old 03-21-2005, 02:04 PM

I've never owned a set of 1's. I'd say by and large the tend to be pretty much racing suspension kits.

cheers

garrett
Old 04-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
i have flta2's on my 03 wrx. great coilovers IMO. outstanding handling, but it is definately way harsch for normal driving around the city. My parents hate taking my car out to San Francisco. =D great set of coilovers if you plan on tracking or auto-x though
Old 04-18-2005, 06:23 PM

I have a set of the Vishnu re-valved FLTA2's and am very happy with their performance. The ride is definitely more stiff, but what do you expect from coilovers. I have had no exposure to a standard set of FLTA2's so I can make no comparison, all I can say is I am very happy with both normal and performance driving scenarios. I currently have mine set on 7 all the way around, out of 15, more out of laziness then preference. When I get a chance I plan on giving a more biased review based on different damper settings. I will say though they came perfectly setup from Vishnu. I used a mm ruler to confirm all measurements per the JIC instructions, installed them using the factory torque specs, and took the car to get aligned. Much to my surprise the alignment guy did not have to change one thing. I'm sure this was more luck than anything but the ride height was also perfectly even on all 4 corners. Anyway, needless to say I'm happy. The only complaint is on the highway there is some of the bouncing present that others have mentioned, I guess it comes with the territory. Good luck with your decision and if you would like more info or pics feel free to ask.