Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Front & Rear matching Endlinks

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 08:11 AM

Front & Rear matching Endlinks

Alright......I have done tons of searches on swaybars and endlinks in this forum and on nasioc.com and I have learned alot about the topic, but I am getting ready to make some purchases and I haven't seen any answers to what my exact questions. I have decided not to go with a spherical bearing endlink such as perrin because I've read they can be a little to harsh for street use. I don't want to deal with endlinks that make noise. I have an 04 and the setup Im looking at getting is front and rear cusco sway bars and I want matching endlinks for the front and rear.....I want to eliminate mismatching brands as much as possible...I've seen alot of people go with kartboy rear and a different front and I would like to stay away from doing this. I am considering noltec, whiteline (heavy duty version), or MRT endlinks. Does anyone have any opinions based on personal use of these endlinks......it seems to me that they are all roughly the same....except the noltecs are the considerably less expensive. I'm just seeing if anyone has had problems with any of these.

Thanks for any info provided
Brian
Old 10-29-2004, 06:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. I would say about half of the threads related to perrin endlinks are concerning people having problems with either increased NVH or more often a clunking noise that occurs. The other half of comments from people are that they love the endlinks and have no problems with them. So I guess my question is what do you think is happening when so many people have had issues with the endlinks........are they using an incompatible sway bar, are they not installing them correctly, etc. Is there ever an issue with dirt getting in the bearing and causing them to malfunction and how do they hold up in extreme cold weather? Thanks for the help........if I like what I hear I may reconsider my choices of endlinks.

Thanks
Brian
Old 10-29-2004, 06:17 PM

Ok....I went on the Perrin website and read the info about the endlinks and my question about the dirt getting in the bearing has been answered. I am still concerned about the issue with a clunking noise alot of people seem to hear. If I were to just read the info page you provided I would think these endlinks were flawless and would definitely purchase them, but I am still unsure based on what I have read.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2004, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 04 silver wrx
The clunking is just the stock suspension on the 04 WRX. The dealer "said" it was because of the "tight wrx suspension."
Old 11-17-2004, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2010 SWP WRX
Get the Perrins !
Old 11-19-2004, 08:30 PM
LAC

Car Info: 04 WRX Sedan WRB stock
Installed Cusco rear sway bar with Kartboy endlinks and no clunks at all. I am more than happy with this setup. Maybe front swaybar later...

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
yaggi- I think you might have confused the clunking issues between the Perrin PSRS system and the Perrin Endlinks. It is the Perrin PSRS system that has had 'clunking' problems with a bad batch, not the Perrin Endlinks. Also, the Perrin Endlinks uses the Teflon liner that helps prevent failure due to foriegn objects entering the bearing area. I have broken other aftermarket endlinks and have had no problems with the Perrin Endlinks ever since I switched over from the other brand I was using.

-Soren