Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Endura-Tech Coilovers Reviewed

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB Subaru WRX STi
Endura-Tech Coilovers Reviewed

Endura-Tech Coilovers Review for the Subaru WRX

Part Number: ETC-SRXGDOB
Model Application: Subaru GDB/GDA
Spring Rates:
Front: 392 lbs/in (7 kg/cm)
Rear: 335 lbs/in (6 kg/cm)
Basic Ride Height:
Front: 13” (325mm)
Rear: 12.75” (319mm)
Adjustability Range:
UP:
Front: 2.0” (50mm)
Rear: 2.0” (50mm)
Down:
Front: 1.75” (44mm)
Rear: 1.75” (44mm)

Tested on: 2004 Subaru WRX STi
Setup:
Cusco Front Lip (installed after photography)
APS DR725 Front Mount Intercooler
Samco hose kit
WORX adjustable blow off valve
ROTA Torques 18 x 8
Falken Azenis
Defi BF gauges
RS*R Turboback exhaust
RS*R Ti2000 Springs

Name:  IMG_3024.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  49.0 KB

Features:
- Low pressured gas enclosed twin tube structure for steady handling.
- Sever setting of the piston speed between 0.02 to 0.1 m/s gives direct initial response to your ride.
- 4-way dampening adjustability offers an increase of 120% to 150% dampening force on the rebound side and 120% to 140% of dampening force on the compression side compared to genuine parts.
- Pillow ball upper mounts
- Linear coil springs made from a proprietary steel material utilizing titanium for additional strength and increased durability.

Advertisement:
“Endura-Tech’s new ETC-SRXGDOB coilover is a collaboration product with KYB (Kayaba) of Japan. This coilover is a sport performance coilover constructed and engineered from competition grade materials. The ETC-SRXGDOB is a quality suspension component for your performance-tuned Subaru, offering a lowered center of gravity, better cornering ability and excellent ride quality at an affordable price.”
- As displayed on their IAS placard.

So I moved on in my suspension and decided to do coilovers. I’m coming RS*R Ti2000 lowering springs in KYB struts. The reason I decided to move on from this set up is that I wanted get rid of the slight case of sagging in the rear. Also, the springs we’re a little bouncy on the streets. I also wanted to lower the car just a little more for a little more aggressive look. I know I sound ricey, but that’s how I like it. I’ve taken rides in various systems like the TEIN, Megan Racing, HELIX, Cusco, and others to help make a decision on what to look for in terms of suspension.

During my search, I got hooked in with Endura-Tech and wanted to try out their system. Their systems were on display and installed at IAS in Philadelphia. From the look of the workmanship, it was strong and beautiful. No sloppiness in construction whatsoever. This spoke true for both their four and ten way adjustable systems.

Once I received my four way coilover system, the installation was straight forward and without a hitch. After I set the car down, I set the height to where I liked it to even out the wheel gap all around, and drove around finding my preferred dampening settings for the front and rear. I also set up the camber kits for the front and rear as well. As I took the car for a drive for testing the dampening, I noticed an immediate change in behavior of the car. It was firmer and lean during turns was negated. The car would go where I wanted it. As I would approach a more firmer setup for the dampening in the coilovers, I could tell that these would be very competent on the track.

As for noise, these made a little noise, but no more than other coilovers. I’m speaking of that infamous “clunking” you hear in many popular setups. I’ve gotten to ride in. After driving a while, I don’t notice it anymore. As for ride comfort, it is firmer and a little harsh. However to make more compliant, I could have just softened the dampening. I like it a bit on the firmer side. After it is all said and done, I’m very happy with the Endura-Techs. For those who think that 4 positions isn’t enough, you can check out their 10 way system which is also available. And as a quick note, I believe it’s actually cheaper than the four way. Too bad they don’t have a flashy name like FLEX, ZERO, or DNA, but it’s okay. Now I’m hoping to look into more suspension parts like sway bars, strut bars, etc.

Also as a side note. Paying someone to do an installation wouldn’t be worth the money. The installation is so straight forward, you can’t mess up and you can put that money towards a proper alignment and camber calibration. Also, the four way adjustable doesn’t include the camber kit. Only the ten way has it included. I would also like to mention that the tops of the coilovers do not come in that green color. They are a dark metallic gray color if my memory serves me right. .So that is all for now.

Name:  DSC01632.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  DSC01636.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  DSC01635.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  52.9 KB
Old 10-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
nice review, thanks! Let us know how they work out in the long term
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 AM

i've clocked well over 3,000 miles and they are still as good as the first day. i'll be sure to keep a record for the long run.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:08 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
good write up, I look forward to getting my coilovers soon.did you post a review in the reviews section?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:22 AM

just posted in the reviews thanks. here is the car after 3k+

Name:  100_5922.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  116.4 KB
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Thanks for the review. I am definitely looking for some suspension related stuff in the near future.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
They need to use more colors on those.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM

those aren't the product colors. they are actually a gray color.