Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

cusco 02, hks hipermax rs, jic flta2

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 12:18 PM

cusco 02, hks hipermax rs, jic flta2

i am saving for new coilovers and i wanted to hear some feedback on users with these setups. i am leaning towards the cuscos, but i heard that these are similar, also where is a good place to buy them?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2001 2.5rs
i was wondering the same.. i've heard good things about the jic flta2's, but nothing really sold comparing the two. aren;t the hks new to the market?
Old 12-12-2004, 10:56 PM

well i read the article in sport compact car and they seemed to like it, the cusco is way too expensive now that i think of it, i think i might even consider the tein flex w\edfc. i have had tein before and i really really enjoyed them, good product. my main concern is about the rear noises.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
All (3) are good coilovers. However, each has their advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the feedback I have gotten from customers on the Cusco Zero2, HKS Hipermax RS, JIC FLTA2, and the Tein Flex w/ EDFC:

-Cusco Zero2: Best all around coilover of the four; suitable for moderate track use, but also compliant enough to live with in everyday driving
-HKS Hipermax RS: Of all the coilovers, probably the most comfortable street setup. The springs are not nearly as aggressive as the Tein Flex or the JIC FLT A2 (6kg front/ 4 kg rear vs. 10kg front/ 8kg rear in the Tein Flex). The downside is that if you are looking to participate in numerous trackdays/ auto-X events, these will not perform as well as the others.
-JIC FLT A2: Probably one of the harshest coilovers for street use; However, owners of these coilovers swear by them on track/ auto-x events. The same characteristics that make them too harsh for most people on the street makes them one fo the best for track/auto-x use.
-Tein Flex w/ EDFC: the newer revision seems to have eliminated the dreaded "noise" that comes from the rear. Their aggressive spring rates (10kg front/ 8kg rear) makes for a coilover that is not as compliant as the HKS Hipermax RS or the Cusco Zero2 on the street, but helps it perform well on the track.

I hope sharing some customer feedbacks w/ you help with your decision. Good luck on your quest for a suspension setup for your Subie.

-Soren