Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Coilovers, which ones should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 01:16 PM

teck7droid,
I think it has to do with the piston diameter. That's what my brother was telling me. The shock that I'm running has a long stroke with a smaller diameter. He was telling me that his have shorter travel and larger piston. Also, I'm have a double wishbone suspension.

There was an article I read about lower end coil over set ups. It was mentioned that some manufactures take a standardized strut and use it for a multitude of applications. What makes the Ohlins feel so smooth is that they are customizable. The shocks were tuned to load at each of the corners for an A4. And on top of that there's the adjustability of rebound and bump.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
I have ridden in a car with flex's and the ride quality was nice. I did not get to adjust the suspension though. I am forgetting what magazine it is (SCC, Turbo, Import tuner, or SuperStreet) but they put the Flex's on a car with the EDFC and they loved them. Best for the buck.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 03 pearl black wrx
very nice guys!, I will look into the ohlins for the wrx. I wonder if they too are also corner balenced? Also about the tein flex, when you rode in it did you happend to know what setting it was on? Also did you experience the tein flex over some everyday obstacles? you know potholes, railroad tracks, steel plates on roads ect. Because i have 1.8in drop and my springs feel really nice on nice roads.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 03 pearl black wrx
hey cyrus check out the question on this thread i posted. https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...966#post742966 its # 7 what do you think?
Old 11-02-2004, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
This is my opinion.

Tein makes a great products period. Their springs are some of the best ans he flex's rival coilovers that are priced 50+% more. The ride is really adjustable, enought to feel a huge difference. Pay attention to SCC and what not. They put the flex's on a few of their project cars with wonderful results. priced at 1400 for a fully adjustable flagship coilover, you can't go wrong. One of teins first test cars was a subaru. They like the impreza a lot. Iam not sure what the exact rates were when I rode in the car with the flex's because he did not have the EDFC to look at in the cabin. The EDFC is a sweet add-on. No other coilover has an in cabin electronic adjuster. tein is just an awesome company with inovative products. You can't go wrong with the Flex's. As said before, the only drawback is you will want to spend the extra 349 bucks for the EDFC.