Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Carbotech Bobcat Pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by razorlab
Wrong, not the same pad fitment. but the calipers are the same type of design which is probably what you meant to say.

I get noise with my Panther plus pads in my stoptechs, but it's worth it for the stopping power.
Carbotech list two different part numbers for the EVO/STI? Thats odd since EBC and Hawk dont and right now Im running Brembo pads for an EVO I bought at a Mitsubishi dealership in my STI
Old 07-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
They are great pads. They don't fade much, unless you track them, or SUPER hard on you brakes (most people don't even push that hard... NO, most of you DON'T!). They don't dust much at all. I've never heard them squeak, and I've driven Subydude's wagon (which has them front and rear) often, and I never hear anything. I like them.

Personally though, I don't care for dusting. I'm not so lazy that I can't clean my wheels. I'm an Axxis man, my ultimates have NEVER faded on me, No matter how hard i've pushed. 10 AutoXs this season so far, plus my agressive fdaily driving, and they are just awesome. Yes, my wheels are dark as hell... I don't care, I need to stop well. Ultimates are also quiet, completely quiet. I never hear them AT ALL. These are also pretty hard on my slotted DBAs. They won't last more than another 15k miles, i'm sure the slots will be gone completely before that point.

Bobcats are much more mild mannered. They don't dust much, they are also quiet, and they are great for your street/spirited driving, and are easy on your rotors. I would give them a try, see how you like them.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:03 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by razorlab
Wrong, not the same pad fitment. but the calipers are the same type of design which is probably what you meant to say.

I get noise with my Panther plus pads in my stoptechs, but it's worth it for the stopping power.
The EVO and STi use the same pad shapes, D1001 front and D961 rear. The only difference is that the EVO can accomodate a slightly thicker front pad, hence Ferodo has two different front part numbers, but one rear part number. The 350Z Track Model uses the same D961 rear pads as well, although it uses different D960 front pads.

For reference, Hawk, Axxis, PFC, Raybestos, and Pagid all use the same front pads as well. I'm pretty sure Mintex does as well, but I'll have to check when I get to work tomorrow morning to make sure.

Tim
www.stoptech.com

Last edited by Steppin Razor; 07-25-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
I run with those pads. they're really sweat. but i tell ya. the first time i took them out running hard was way too earlly and they began to fade RALLY BAD. as in not working at all. but not after some time they truely kick a$$
Old 08-09-2004, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by rustokman
I just put mine on today, pads and slotted rotors. After bedding them in and letting it cool I went on a simple little drive around towm....WOW. simply WOW. The difference if stopping power and feel is incredible vs. stock. Except I keep hearing a metalic scraping noise coming from the right front wheel... I'll just turn u pthe sterio and the noise will go away...
It sounds like you might have a bent wear indicator (little metal tab on the pad that starts to rub on the rotar and squeek when the pad gets worn down). A friend of mine had the same problem with a new set of Cobalt pads. Just bend the indicator tab out of the way so that it will only scrape when your brakes are turly almost worn out.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Retired War Hero

Car Info: .gifs
i am bumping this cause it deserves it.

f*** these pads.

i have them on my brembos and they squeal like a banshee. i've done everything i could to fix this issue. these pads also dust quite noticeably. not worth it imo.