Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Caliper Piston Sticking

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 2005 STI BLUE
Caliper Piston Sticking

Hey I have an '05 STI and one of the inside pads on the front wore out too quick, it hadnt even reached the wear indicator on the outside pad. and is already hitting the metal plate on that inside one. So my guess is the piston is sticking and i want to know where i should start on fix the problem. TIPS, HELP, LINKS....

I bought some cheap replacement pads to throw in there until i fix the problem. I am also gonna need a new rotor now so i was wondering where to get a stock replacement for cheap or an affordable front pair of aftermarkets.

ANY HELP IS APPRETIATED!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI BLUE
I found some brembo, slotted and drilled, front rotors for my car for $199 a pair plus about 40 bucks shipping. Is this a good deal, could I find better for the money? Would my daily driving stopping power be effected much because of drilled and slotted rotors compared to the stock solid rotors? I dont take my car to the track or anything so i dont think i would benefit much from the extra cooling of the drilled rotors.

Keep in mind I have Hawk HPS pads in the mail to put on as soon as i get the rest of my brake components/problems sorted out. (maybe any rotor surface lost from the slots and holes might be made up by the better than stock pads?)

just thought it seemed like a good price...
Old 05-12-2006, 08:08 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I had my brakes stick when I was at an auto-x and man, it was loud. The Stealership gave me a whole bunch of BS. Though, this is on an '02 WRX, what I did was take off the caliper, and regrease the slider pins in the caliper and it was fixed. Pretty simple fix, hopefully it's the same for the STi