Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Anyone used this (KSport coilovers with pillow ball) kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:02 AM

Anyone used this kit?

Ksport

Impreza WRX GDA 02-Up
7kg front/5kg rear springs
Incl. Front & Rear Pillow Ball Mount w/camber adjustment
MSRP: $1450
Sale Price: $980
Savings: $470

How does that spring rate look/sound? Think about this for my 05 WRX.

Thanks
Trent

pics:

Last edited by UTWRX; 07-11-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I was looking at that kit for my car, and it seems halfway decent. What concerns me is that I hear this is the same company that makes D2 coilovers, which are 100% show coilovers. The D2 systems only allow lowering by adjusting spring pre-load (I believe), which is awful for actual race handling.

But, the KSport systems are supposed to be a better by having pre-load and damping adjustability and a single bound/rebound adjustment.

I think I'm personally going to hold off since they are some what of an unknown, but they are certainly on my list of potential coilover systems (esp. because of the price).
Old 07-11-2005, 10:40 AM

Yeah I'm considering them for the price of course, and the fact of the camber adjustment on the front & rear which I thought was a plus.

They also say they are 36 way adjustable. I guess I could buy them and if I dont like them sell them. The look like a good kit to me, but I dont want to put crap on the Subby !
Old 07-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
Originally Posted by UTWRX

They also say they are 36 way adjustable.
man, thats like ...... 36 more ways than i know how to adjust suspension.
no , wate i take it back 35... i forgot about my mad curb tuning skills.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone used this (KSport coilovers with pillow ball) kit?-scoob-accident-3.jpg   Anyone used this (KSport coilovers with pillow ball) kit?-scoob-accident-2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
I have this setup on my 05 WRX. I've had it for about 6k miles now with zero problems. I have the 7k/5k setup and love it.

Got mine from www.jlbmotorsports.com (call for best price) They have a couple WRX setups in stock right now.

Here's a review I posted about mine. https://www.i-club.com/forums/suspension-handling-brakes-195/ksport-coilover-suspension-hankook-tire-review-104247/
Old 10-20-2005, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Comparisons to Helix Coilovers

Does anyone know how these compare with the Helix DNA coilovers? These are the two I'm trying to decide between and price wise run the same. The spring rates are the same, but Ksport offers 36 ways to dampen to 16 by Helix.

I'm just trying to figure out which is better for a daily driver and some occassional track time. Both coilovers have gotten good reviews and Helix is suppose to even put out an inverted design.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 2008 lamborghini murcielago lp640 reventon
Yes Ksport and D2 are both manufactured in the same plat in Taiwan. They are the exact same crap only in different colors. D2 introduced the Ksport brand to be sold in Japan.

I'd go for the Helix.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Zukaman
Does anyone know how these compare with the Helix DNA coilovers? These are the two I'm trying to decide between and price wise run the same. The spring rates are the same, but Ksport offers 36 ways to dampen to 16 by Helix.

I'm just trying to figure out which is better for a daily driver and some occassional track time. Both coilovers have gotten good reviews and Helix is suppose to even put out an inverted design.
Keep in mind the damping adjustability on the ksport does not click. They told me the reason for this is because they have their electronice control unit (like EDFC) in development and it will be compatible will current setups.

Also, I just got word from the shop I bought mine from that they also have an inverted design due out soon along with a "rally" setup. Not sure what the rally one involves but I probably wouldn't need it anyway since I don't rally lol.

Check with www.jlbmotorsports.com if you need info. They get the latest info and are a large dealer for Ksport.