Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

ANyone have THIS setup? Please look and respond if you do

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 08:35 PM

ANyone have THIS setup? Please look and respond if you do

Koni adjustables and Prodrive springs.

I am thinking of getting these instead of the coilovers I was looking at, because this will be almost 1000 cheaper, and will most likely ride MUCH better.

I am looking for a good setup for autocrossing, I already have front and rear swar bars, and rear end links, as well as wheels/tires.
Will I still be able to dial the amount of over/understeer well enough? I have a almost perfectly neutral car now, but want to go a bit lower and want even more handling.
Anyone have this combination? Or know anyone that does? How is it?
Old 12-01-2002, 03:17 PM

Ah, but the install is a total PIA, and likely to cost alot, if you can find a shop willing to do it.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:11 AM

Have you considered the Eibachs instead of the Prodrives? I was just curious because I live in Philly where the roads are a joke and have driven in Boston several times......your roads suck too. I have heard that the Prodrives are alot harsher than the Eibachs, so if this is your daily driver, maybe the Konis and Eibachs may be a better daily driver/auto-x compromise.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:37 AM

Car Info: a wrx?
i have the koni shocks w/ h&r springs and the sti aluminum suspension arms. the ride is a lot stiffer by far, but the car handles way better. however, i don't like how the rear looks a little lower--slightly-- compared to the front, or maybe the front just needs more time to settle in--i've only had this setup for about a month.
Old 12-14-2002, 03:53 PM

Paul - I was under the impression 9correct me if I am wrong) from customes I heard from that you ahd to cut your stock strut body apart, install the insert, then reweld the strut body back together...is this incorrect?
Old 12-15-2002, 07:45 PM

cut apart, no reweld.
Doesnt matter now,m I got a REALLY good deal on coilovers.
As far as Eibachs, they are progressive rate, you dont want that for ideal auto crossing setup. you dont need the rate change in the middle of a turn. Prodrives are only 15lbs or so harder, so they shouldnt be much more harsh
Old 12-15-2002, 07:51 PM