Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Alignment Camber bolt upgrade needed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS, Silver
Alignment Camber bolt upgrade needed?

Well for the suspension rebuild on my 00 2.5 I decided on the GR2 Struts from KYB and the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set.

The big question is:

Will I chew the crap out of my Kumho 712s if I dont get the upgraded camber bolts (either by eibach or some other manufacturer) or will the stock bolts have enough travel to return the camber settings to stock?

Please advise
Old 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
I doubt you will need camber bolts , just an alignment. When you do suspension it's a good idea to get an alignment because more likely than not you changed one of more of the settings. You want to get zero toe all around to not chew your tires and IF you drive hard in the corners then you want to run negative camber in the front in order not to wear out the outside of your tires prematurely. The stock settings for my sti made it so my outside of the tires were wearing much faster than the inside or middle. I'm not sure if you can adjust the front cambers in a 2.5RS, but if you can, ask them to get as much negative camber out in the front. Your car will handle much better and your tires will thank you.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
If your question is whether you can adjust camber or not, I would not know, but I'm betting the alignment shop can adjust your camber to atleast stock. Also, aftermarket camber bolts are only a temporarily set up since most of them slip. If you want more aggressive camber than plates are the way to go.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Hey BelFry,

Let me see if I can answer your question for you. You should just go in to get aligned. I know that the shop can do things here and there to help you with tire ware. The question if you need camber bolts are not is that you'll probably won't need them. Or that is what I think. I think when you go into the shop, the tech will ask how you want to align your car. I told the tech that I didn't know. He spent a few minutes making some recommendations.

Just remember that running more negative toe will decrease the lifespan of your tires. If you plan on doing a lot of spirited driving and some motorsports, you might opt to run a little more aggressive setting. If you mainly plan to use your car as a daily driver, you should probably just go with the stock set-up.

As for whether you should go in for an alignment or not, you probably should, unless you decide to do some other suspension stuff in the near future. I put off my alignment because I knew I had suspension stuff coming in and didn't want to pay for an alignment twice.

As for the other part that I didn't answer, I think you can adjust camber just a itty bit, but I think it is very limited. Hope that this helps you.