Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

06 WRX Wagon coilover/suspension choices?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:51 PM

06 WRX Wagon coilover/suspension choices?

after researching on the forum, i found out that the 02-05 wrx wagon and sedan can share the same coilover, However, i am not sure on the 06, can anyone tell me?

currently i am looking in to a set of megan coilover. and it said it will fit 02-06 wrx, but it doesn't says it will fit wagon. Therefore, i want some confirmation.

For the swaybar, i know there is some diff. between the 02-3 wagon and the 03-04, but is their any diff. on the 06?

looking for a cusco rear sway bar and would like to know if it is year/model specific.

Thanks in advance.
all input will be appriciated.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:21 AM

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:22 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Talking Wagon Struts AND Springs Different On All Years!

OK. The struts are different for all year wagons then the sedans, the sedans have a slightly wider track (flared fenders which we don't have with our wagons). Therefore, if you put sedan struts on you may have some fitment issues with larger tires on a wagon (fender rub). I have only heard of this with 225's and larger.

Also, the ability to adjust camber will be more limited with the sedan struts on the wagon (honestly forget which way is compromised ~ negative or positive?).

The springs are also different. The wagon springs have a bit stiffer rear spring because the back end of the wagon is heavier then a sedan (about 80 lbs). BUT, if you have a sedan trunk full of stereo equipment, this spring fitment will eliminate the butt squat in your sedan from stereo equipment. If you own a wagon and use sedan springs, or non wagon specific springs, YOUR butt will sag.

We will need someone to chime in if they are running coilovers on their wagon ~ any issues?

I went with KYB shocks (wagon specific) and Swift springs (wagon specific). They are a great combination. I chose to go with GR-2's (non-adjustable and about 15% stiffer then OEM).

There is a very long thread/sticky on differences between wagons and sedans. Search on Nabisco ~ I try to stay away from there ~ far too **** for me!

Here's my wagon rockin' on wagon specific goodies ~ even and nice drop.
Attached Thumbnails 06 WRX Wagon coilover/suspension choices?-17-xxx.jpg.jpg   06 WRX Wagon coilover/suspension choices?-17-x.jpg.jpg  
Old 05-26-2006, 12:08 PM

I have the tein flex on my wagon. It fits. I believe if you look on Tein's webpage, they have the same part number for wrx wagon and sedan.

I don't know about 06 though. I have an 03.

Cusco sway bars, I think they are the same as the sedan for the rear at least or I could be wrong. Check with shops they should know