Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

WRX insurance

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
WRX insurance

Im ready to buy an 02 or 03 WRX but i really dont want to get screwed on insurance. Im curious what your insurance rates are for a month/6months/year and curious around what it would be for an 18 year old driver with a clean record.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:03 AM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
Call your insurance company and ask them. As I have said before on other posts the best way to get the info is directly from the source. Anytime I'm looking at new cars I call my insurer and get the numbers directly from them.

Since you are young it will probably be high, I'd expect $2600 or more a year. That's what I was quoted a few years ago on a new Integra when I was 17 or 18 with a clean record. I ended up getting a used Accord and saved a ton (and saved a lot of stress from my point below.)

Now I'm not an old man, but here is some old man advice -- if you are going to be going to college in the next year or so hold off on that new ride. Student parking lots are small and your car will have a new ding on it every time you come out. Most people our age (hell most people in general) can't drive for sh*t, and they are worse at parking.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
Yea i went down today to look at buying an 02 and i got the payments i want but now i have to look into the insurance
Old 11-23-2003, 01:32 PM

im also 18 and own a 04 wrx. purchsed about 3 weeks ago. =] anyways my insurance is about 1600/6 months. that was before i sent in the low jack certificate. should go down a couple. not sure yet but if you want to know PM me or e-mail me at itzjohnwayne@hotmail.com and ill give you an exact price. im insured by Mercury....are you? (lol)
Old 11-23-2003, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I use My 21st Century.

They have great service and great rates. My premium has decreased every term since I started with them 2 years ago (except on my current renewal because I had an accident, but it DIDN'T go up). I am 22, no points/accidents (as far as my ins co is concerned) and pay $1203/6 mo. I carry high coverages though (100/300 + uninsured motor 100k and some others) with $1k deduct. My insurance costs should plummet when I turn 25

my21 is cool as hell because you can do pretty much everything on your policy. I can pay my premium, make a claim, check status of a claim, change my coverages, add vehicle, remove vehicle, etc, etc.

You can also get an online quote. Check 'em out.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Waaa-Pst
Why is you guy's insurance so expensive? I'm 23, no accidents/points, only a $500 deductible on collision and comp. and carry the highest coverages. You know how much I pay? $1350 a YEAR.
Move to California and lets see what your premiums are then.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by The_Kraken
Just curious here, but how are you 18 and 19 year olds able to afford WRXs AND the insurance? I'm 24 and have a decent job and can't plausibly afford them. Do you have no other expenses or something? OK, yeah, I'm jealous!
You'd be surprised. When I was 18 I was making $35,000 a year and living with my parents. That meant I was making $1800 a month after taxes and had 0 expenses.

Some other 18 year olds are in similar situations - maybe not making that much, or hell, maybe making more, but I think a lot of people want that cool car so they take their disposable income and buy a car with it.

The downside is that now they have a cool car but can't move out on their own. I moved out instead of getting the expensive new car I wanted (at the time, a 99 Integra GS-R) and kept my 91 Integra GS.

This isn't true with everyone. Maybe their parents bought them the car or maybe they're making great money, are living on their own and have the cool car. It's certainly possible

Quick Reply: WRX insurance