Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Waxing a new car (RainX)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:11 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan 5spd
I was going to try the rain x but then decided to try the megiur's (not sure how to spell that) gold crown wax. It is amazing. I would recommend that to anyone.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by IcemanSS454
I was going to try the rain x but then decided to try the megiur's (not sure how to spell that) gold crown wax. It is amazing. I would recommend that to anyone.
werd. used the gold crown on my car:

PURTY
Old 04-27-2004, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
Lots of good info on detailing in this thread:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...t&pagenumber=1

links, etc. I tried the Klasse all in one and the sealant glaze. It works great and it's a lot easier to use than any other wax I've used. It doesn't dry and get stuck in the crevices.

edit: too bad the pics are down.

Last edited by MonkeyAB; 04-27-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
I would also reccommend the "Klasse Twins" (All-In-One followed by the Sealant Glaze). Goes on in under an hour, and because it is a thin liquid, it requires a LOT less physical effort to put on than a wax.

The applicator pad gets really black as you put the All-in-One on your car, even if you have JUST washed the car; that's because the stuff actually removes embedded dirt and brake dust from the "pores" in your paint, like a clay bar. Just make sure you put it on by hand -- don't try to use a mechanical polisher or buffer. Also, don't do a large area and let it dry, then take it off -- literally do three strokes of Klasse, then three strokes with a clean applicator to take it off. When you take it off it leaves a fine yellow dust that I just polish off the car with a microfiber cloth when I am done.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:49 PM

use mothers stage 2 wax. it takes off waterspots like nothing.
cause i got a black 04 also. i started waxing my car the 1st month i got it. and so far the paints good(knocking on wood)
Old 05-02-2004, 12:57 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
Ive heard Zaino Bro's has the best products, but i guess its all personal opinion
Old 05-03-2004, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX / 08 Forester
Just an FYI......

Although a curing period may be necessary for "re-paints" or "touch-ups" @ your average body shop, there's no need to wait before waxing a new car. It's fully cured at the factory. .....that's the advantage to painting a car before it's assembled.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
how often should wax be applied? i heard every 4-6 months. i have a garage but it still looks like it could use a wax after only 3.5 months
Old 05-03-2004, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by dub2w
how often should wax be applied? i heard every 4-6 months. i have a garage but it still looks like it could use a wax after only 3.5 months
As often as needed. Seriously, it really depends on many factors (location, weather, storage, washing method & care, type of product used, etc). You can usually tell when your finish begins to lose it's protection and/or begins to accumulate deposits (i.e. tiny rough spots). With the proper products, washing method, and occasional "touch-ups", you can extend the life of your finish and cut down the amount of work when it comes time for the "periodic waxing ritual".

btw, I usually do a "full job" on mine every 3-4 months (park outside). ......and I'm kinda **** about my car.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:52 PM

you can wax you car as soon as you get it from the dealer
Old 05-04-2004, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nesquik
My main worry about waxing the car was not to mess up the paint because I didn't wait long enough for the paint to cure properly. I've already had the WRX for about 7 months so I am thinking I should be OK. Also, now that I remembered that the dealership actually waxed the car completely before they gave it me when I bought it.
Anyway, I'll probably buy the Klasse twins along with some micro fiber cloths and give that a try. We'll see if that stuff can help me keep my car clean.
:banana:
.....as I said in my previous post, your paint is already cured. There is no need to wait. There are methods that are utilized at the factory that can't be replicated at the average body shop when the car is fully assembled (i.e. the baking process would melt the interior components). This is why some body shops will tell you to wait ~3 months on a freshly re-painted vehicle before waxing (so the paint has a chance to cure).

.....and yes. A lot of dealerships will buff out your car upon delivery and/or offer "paint protection" on brand new vehicles.

Wax that puppy!

- Kean
Old 05-06-2004, 11:48 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
one product
rejex
look it up

aloha
greg

Quick Reply: Waxing a new car (RainX)