Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Wagon vs. sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Wagon vs sedan using Search page and keywords 'wagon vs sedan'.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-05-2004, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
It's difficult to go down the list of why I like my wagon so much and don't regret getting a sedan. Besides being different, what's important to you?

Besides being the 3rd fastest WRX in all of Oahu (beaten by sedans, of course) while still being able to haul a 6gal air compressor, a small 1 gal. compressor, a bunch of misc. parts, and a medium sized toolbox in the back of my car.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I went with a wagon and thought that maybe I made the wrong decision. But the wagon has really grown on me, especially after throwing on some nice wheels and a clean tint.

Also, there is a big sleeper effect with the wagon. Fast car with the utility of many bigger cars.

I vote for the wagon!

The only spec I know is that the wagon is only 85 lbs heavier, might have a thinner rear sway bar, and doesnt have fender flares. Other than that the cars are pretty much the same
Old 03-08-2004, 10:17 AM

Car Info: Wagon
dejavu..I think I said this before...
The look of an owner of a Camaro SS who just got spanked by a wagon is priceless
Old 03-08-2004, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
i have heard of guys who have swapped fenders, though havent ever seen one.

there is a calling all wagons thread on nasioc.com in the car member gallery forum. check it out.

i dont really notice the car looping out... the AWD makes this thing stick to the road like glue. i used to drive a VW and those things get crazy on turns
Old 03-14-2004, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i have both- i love both of em... i am very fortunate to be able to enjoy both... but i really love my wagon- heres why----

just the other day i went ot costco. my fiance asks.."we can't fit these in our car can we?" i look and she is pointing at TWO 128 quart storage containers- in all my confidence i said " of course "
i fold down the "60" seat down and there u go! 2 containers(stacked of course) with all the costco food items inside and my baby seat!! i have TONS of more stories like that.

and for my sedan- i just love the looks- its not really fair to compare my wagon to the sti, but in all fairness both have their qualities. but my wagon just rocks! i can fit all kinds of stuff in there(office chairs-FULLY ASSEMBLED, medium sized fridge, 7 suitcases) <----- true stories!!

hope that helps a bit
Old 03-17-2004, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 1
Originally posted by dub2w
there is a calling all wagons thread on nasioc.com in the car member gallery forum. check it out.
Here's the link in case anyone else was interested:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=136817
Old 03-18-2004, 07:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by this_is_vince
Oh and do you know if its possible to swap body panels from a sedan to wagon...you know so i can get the fender flare look....and if not are the body kits for wrx sedans the exact fit as wrx wagons?
You can easily switch the fronts, but the rears will be a little more difficult. It will require cutting of the body panels, re-welding them and painting. You won't see the weld seems (unless you do it yourself) but it will be $$$ - try to get rear ended or something

Sometimes I wish I bought a wagon so I could have the storage space, or a place to sit and chill when I'm out somewhere that doesn't have seating. But then I look at my car, lowered on 17s and I see those sexy flares and know exactly why I bought my sedan.

If you are looking towards a wagon, and your main reason is storage space, I would really think about how often I would need it. I'm a home owner and have needed a truck maybe one or two times since buying my WRX. The trunk is plenty big - last year I fit 6 40lb bags of bark in the car (those are big *** bags) with out too much trouble Three in the trunk, one behind pass. seat, two on the rear seats. If you want the sedan, but want the space of the wagon, just think about how often you would really, actually need it. And then find out if you have friends with a wagon and you're set (I do)

Last edited by nachomc; 03-18-2004 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Wagon vs. sedan