Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

STi Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Call around. Different insurance companies will quote different premiums for different people. There isn't just one lowest cost company for every driver. As cited above, it doesn't matter what members in other locations pay. Your age and lack of a long driving history will work against you. It's a new car that you are probably financing, which means automatic full coverage compared with an old beater that is paid for in cash and has little value in the Blue Book. Married people get an additional discount. Homeowners get an additional discount especially when insuring through the same carrier as their homeowners insurance.

If you check around and the cost is too high, consider getting some other car. Other members have had to change their purchase choice because they realized that there are other priorities in life besides working long hours to pay for insurance on top of a car payment. Or consider waiting longer before buying. Put a larger down payment to reduce the loan payment which will help you apply the money towards the insurance.

Good luck. I hope you manage to work something out.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-17-2004, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 04 Sti blue
im 26, in cali with 2 points, i pay apprx. $5300 a year =(
Old 10-17-2004, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by 03WRX!!!
I am 17 yrs old and i am going to get an Sti in january.
Let me ask you something... are your parents planning on sending you to college? Yeah, you maybe paying for it on your own when you do get it but what about your future? Unless your parents are wealthy then why not? Just something for you think about. I'm 23 now and I just got the STi, but the thing is I'm more stable and just finished college. Just something for you to consider, I totally understand that you wanted a car such as this.

Insurance wise, I don't really want to quote because it's costing me a lot. I had 2 points from 2 years ago and it's a long time to clear up (I think?).
Old 10-18-2004, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Please you guys, stay on topic. The guy asked a honest question and we do not need to flame him though many of us (including myself) do not belive it is quite right for a 17 year old to drive a STi.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:28 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i pay 330 dollars a month for a 2003 wrx and a 2004 STi-
i'm 28 years old with 2 speeding tickets in the last 2 years.

my best advice goes along with what wingless wonder stated-
shop around. keep in mind that when you do opt for a deductible that makes sense. i was about to get a 1000 dollar deductible so my payment would be smaller... but i changed to a 500 dollar one.

being under 25 yrs old you will have a challenge getting good rates. but i've been surprised many times while helping my clients get insurance. everyone tends to be negative(seemingly realistic) but i must encourage you to keep a very clean driving record and try every single insurance company in your yellow pages!

if you need some financial advice feel free to email me or pm me-
(i do this everyday so hopefully i can offer you some insight)
*having a car like this is a huge commitment---financially speaking.
try not to make the mistake(like so many people i see everyday) of burying yourself in a car payment- unless you can honestly say that you are prepared to do so-

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Last edited by gdogg; 10-19-2004 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM STI
$188 a month for a '04 WRX

24 no points.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2014 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
Originally Posted by dyonkim
im 26, in cali with 2 points, i pay apprx. $5300 a year =(

holycrap! I pay less than 900 bux a year.. in Cali too.. I'm 26.. but I don't have any points....
Old 10-20-2004, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM STI
what does me being 17 have to do with aything about me getting an Sti. I am going to college and your guys dont know my financial stituation. I go to school and 2 kids that have evo's , a kid with an Sti who just moved, and a kid with an M3 and an STi as his winter car. And all of them got their cars when they were 16. The car will not bury me financially at all but all these people go nuts when i say that I am 17 yrs old , i dont understand what the big deal is that i will most likey be getting an STi?????? Thank you very much for the peopel who answered my question i appreciate it very much.
I guess some people feel that if a 17 year old is getting an STi his parents are going to buy it for them... That's the sterotype. A 17 year old paying $600+ car payment???

Good luck on your purchase.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
what does me being 17 have to do with aything about me getting an Sti. I am going to college and your guys dont know my financial stituation. I go to school and 2 kids that have evo's , a kid with an Sti who just moved, and a kid with an M3 and an STi as his winter car. And all of them got their cars when they were 16. The car will not bury me financially at all but all these people go nuts when i say that I am 17 yrs old , i dont understand what the big deal is that i will most likey be getting an STi?????? Thank you very much for the peopel who answered my question i appreciate it very much.
I guess people are just jelous that your parents are rich and can send you to college and pay your insurance payment for you...
Old 11-16-2004, 07:23 PM

Car Info: 04 Sti blue
Originally Posted by sireatalot
holycrap! I pay less than 900 bux a year.. in Cali too.. I'm 26.. but I don't have any points....

i just changed my plan to eastwood insurance and im saving a bundle. although i have the lowest protection avaliable, im now paying $2200 a year. I had AAA before, medium/high coverage.

thank you eastwood.

Quick Reply: STi Insurance?