Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

SOA, yet again denied my warranty!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 02:40 PM

Angry SOA, yet again denied my warranty!!!

On Christmas Eve, I arrived at work as usual, did not do any stupid things with my WRX. At around 1 pm, I tried to leave for lunch, when I felt my car was rather unusual, ver hard to get into reverse gear, felt grinding, also my clutch was rather shakey. I though nothing of it, I put the car into first gear, that is when I smell clutch burning, then boom, I see smoke coming out from my tranny, very bad clutch burning smell. So I called roadside assistance, and they towed it to Renick Subaru. Now I found that SOA is denying my warranty, reason, DRIVER ABUSE. I do not race my car, although sometimes I do spirited drving, but no 5K drops or anything like that. Now I am going to be left with 1200 dollar estimate and rental car fees. Do they actually think I would do such a stupid thing on Christmas eve? Knowing abusing the car can jeopardize my Christmas eve plans? After all that I went through, buying this car. For those who do not know, I made a complaint, when the general sales manager used the word "F-CK". After that insult, I still purchased it from that same dealer. Any advices?
Old 01-02-2004, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 02silverWRXsedan
i hear ya, im having the same problem right now, subaru is also denying me warrenty.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:03 PM

If I was going to start an online petition, can I get support from my fellow I-Clubbers? I may have to take this to small claims. I want to express that 5speed tranny on WRX, including the whole gear box, and clutch assembly is known to break, at any point of mileage.

Last edited by WRX-.-v; 01-02-2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:14 AM

Car Info: '03 Wrx w/vf-34, sti pinks,tbe, 2.5l cobb block
the milage differs from car to car. or that is what i heard from a subaru mech. but i would sign the petition. i have always had probs with getting my car in 1st. and rev. but my 1st. prob has gone away, but i still have my rev prob. i am also thinking about taking my '03 wrx in.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I haven't lost the trans yet but I am more than willing to sign that petition for you. This has got to stop. It's getting a little out of control. You let me know if you need a signature.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:53 AM

Car Info: 1986 Supra
If you are having trouble getting your car into a certain gear, I'd guess that you could use your syncros being looked at or replaced. On my '99 RS I've had 5th gear syncro and 3rd and 4th gear syncros (one assembly) replaced under warranty. But aside from the syncros, I've never had anything go wrong or wear out early with the drivetrain.