Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

should I sell my 330ci and get a WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:00 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX Wagon!
should I sell my 330ci and get a WRX?

This bad weather the east coast has been having is really frustrating. Sure my 330 has stability control but i get more traction with that thing off. I could blame my Yoko ES100s but if winter tires do that much for a RWD car, i can only imagine what they will do for an AWD car.

I have driven a plain jain WRX back a year ago and I loved it. It was a blast to drive and plenty of room. It would be alot more practical and logical also. My only reservation is that I think I'm going to miss my heated seats, Navigation and HIDs, among other things.

Have any of you guys ever had this problem? I dont want to get rid of my E46 then come a sunny day in May regret not having my coupe.

What do you guys think?

PS I dont really have plans to mod this car (save for some minor aesthetic stuff. I'd say I'd spring for an STi if the price was right, right now they are holding their value pretty plus I already have a toy for the weekends.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
It depends, if you can learn to deal without the fancy stuff then yes I would go for a WRX or STI. Very good cars, great reliability, great cars over all. I would go for the STI or WRX in a heartbeat over a BMW or Mercedes or anything like that, but that's just me.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:04 PM

Car Info: GDA
what matters to you more: looks/comfort or performance?

if anything, you should consider the STi instead of a WRX. it'll take the edge off of the "downgrade."

personally, i'd keep the 330ci since i'm in california. if i was in snow country, it would be a different story.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Keep car, buy WRX. Problem solved

(I wouldn't downgrade from a BMW. That's just wrong.)
Old 01-30-2004, 04:25 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
yeah, i would do it. performance matters more to me than luxury. save $ on insurance too.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
Heated seats are part of the luxury package now for the '04's. You get the moonroof, heated seats, etc. HID's and navigation can always be added aftermarket. I say go for it. I went from a BMW to a Subaru and I'm happy with my decision. Keep in mind that is was a 92 325i so I didn't have too many luxury items anyway, plus my sunroof was broken and my clutch was gone.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:59 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally posted by bemani
Keep car, buy WRX. Problem solved

(I wouldn't downgrade from a BMW. That's just wrong.)
second that motion- - - being that i sell subarus, not a day goes by that i think of owning a m3 or a m5 . . . if you decide on ridding your bmw for an sti it might feel like this to you
http://www.mancoprod.com/Products/fu...ension/706.htm
because there is no sound dampening. you will hear what luxury cars don't- noise. i know thats a little bit of an exaggeration but thats just me. a wrx might be a safe medium. . . and u can still have your bottom heated its up 2 u bro
Old 02-14-2004, 11:19 AM

Car Info: 2002 Sooby WRX (not runing right)
WRX

For the fact you live in bad weather alone would warrant a WRX. if you want luxury you can pick up a used WRX in good condition 2002-2003 for under 20k then spend about 1200 on nice leather seats, you have Subaru's wonderful AWD system, and if you need all the other useless goodies they can be added, the WRX is a very very versitile Car, I take mine off road, on road, Autocrossing, I love to rip it up in the rain, and even blow past those show chain check points they set up on the way to the mountians. The nice thing about a WRX or STI is you CAN make it into what you want without spending bookoo bucks. anything can be added, I Sell Used 1995-2003 BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari's... you name it I sold it. I also work on cars. and out of all the cars I drive every day I feel releaved to get into my subaru at the end of the day. Now if your all about the snotty BMW badge, keep you pos bmw. but in all honesty I work on them all day, and they arent as good as people say they are. Now an M3. M5 and the new 5 series are exceptions but dont expect to get those for anything under 40k and if you want the 5 series in a AWD you better wait and be ready to fork out the dough. And about the flashy BMW thing... More people turn their heads when im in my Rally Blue Subaru than when im driving ANY BMW. Nuff said
Old 02-14-2004, 02:55 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Get a new legacy when it becomes available this summer. You get more room, heated seats, moonroof, etc. All the luxery amenities.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Re: WRX

i am glad aloose put clearly--- i second his motion. in all my politeness i couldn't say waht he did. BUT here is my thoughts... get a legacy and make that into a STi Legacy. you just can't beat the reliability of a japanese car made in japan.

Originally posted by aloose
The nice thing about a WRX or STI is you CAN make it into what you want without spending bookoo bucks. anything can be added, I Sell Used 1995-2003 BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari's... you name it I sold it. I also work on cars. and out of all the cars I drive every day I feel releaved to get into my subaru at the end of the day. Now if your all about the snotty BMW badge, keep you pos bmw. but in all honesty I work on them all day, and they arent as good as people say they are. Now an M3. M5 and the new 5 series are exceptions but dont expect to get those for anything under 40k and if you want the 5 series in a AWD you better wait and be ready to fork out the dough. And about the flashy BMW thing... More people turn their heads when im in my Rally Blue Subaru than when im driving ANY BMW. Nuff said
Old 02-16-2004, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
im not a big fan of the 3 series unless its an m3 so I say sell it and either get a wrx or a new Legacy b4 and do what he said, make it into and STi Legacy