Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

RSX Type S versus WRX

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 05:19 PM

Car Info: Sold my 05 Evo...Carless for a while...then 05' WRB STi whenever lol :(
well since you live in jersey(snow...not too often but its there) and the fact that youre in an Subaru forum....the majority will say WRX
Old 11-26-2003, 11:52 PM

I'm not a car expert but heres my opinion.

Today i took my friend out driving (he drives a type-s). i just recently broke in my car and he wanted to see what i was made of . i launched and took off and while i was coming to a hault, these are the exact words that came from his mouth. "Damn this **** is fast. so much damn tq. i don't no if i can hang with you." made me feel so special. LOL.

I took a drive in his car after because its a fun car to drive. the clutch and shifter are much easier to depress and shift. feels like a video game shifter as someone put it. much easier to change gears and has smoother/easier shifts. its bad *** once you hit v-tec and the interior is more refurbished obviously with the guages, seats, and other stuff.

In my conclusion, they are both sweet cars, but from different worlds. AWD to FWD, leather to cloth, i say drive both before you make a decision. let whatever will be best for your surroundings and for your convinence make your decision. not what others say.

-cHris
Old 11-27-2003, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
Re: RSX Type S versus WRX

Originally posted by Neon
Well it's time for me to go car shopping so I figured I might as well ask you guys. I need a good car for daily driving as well as the occasional Auto X.

Opinions anyone?
What are you looking for in the car? Are you leaning more towards autocross or more toward a comfortable daily driver?

Of course I'm going to tell you to get a WRX although I have driven a RSX Type S. The RSX is a nice car but I didn't think there was anything special about it. It's just a simple FWD, quick, little hatch. The WRX however is a pratical 4 door with AWD and that has that something special, turbo. I also like the fact that people are always asking about my WRX because there are not very many around(at least where I live), whereas, you see RSXs all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I come from the Honda family. Before I got my WRX, I had owned 5 Hondas which may be the reason I went to Subaru. Just ready for a change.

If I were you, I would get a Integra Type R before a RSX. It is by far the best handling FWD car on the planet. You will rule the autocross in it if you are a decent driver. Sure the ITR is loud as hell and doesn't have options like cruise or a sunroof or sound deadening for that matter but you can always add that type of stuff yourself if it's that big a deal. Plus You get to own a car that will most likely be a collectors item in the future. Oh, and you will be the envy of all your neighborhood ricers.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:47 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
I originally wanted an RSX Type S but, I preferred a 4 door. Plus after test driving the WRX, I was throughly convinced!
Old 11-28-2003, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
I own a 96' Integra which is just your basic little economy car. Its great fun to drive but I have a couple of issues with it. I dont like the fact that its a small two door. You would think that since you sit in the front its not a big deal to you but if you put an average size person in the back you have to move your seat up and contend with the knees in your back and torque is low on those cars so each person makes a big difference. Also i like to go snow boarding and taking my integra up there doesnt allow me to have much flexibility with space and if you just want to have fun in the snow. My point is this, the RSX is a nice car and its comprable to the integra in terms of space, seating, etc. The WRX is a 4dr awd car that has more everyday practicality in my mind just due to the versatility. You know what your daily drives are like and what you prefer from a car. Base your decision on which car suits your overall needs better. Hope this helps!--Todd--
Old 12-04-2003, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO.....oversteer......AHHHHHHH....
beauty of AWD

ooooouuuuccccchhhhh......understeer......i think i just smashed a tree.....

P.S. = I have seen some crazy integs and old CRX's that handle like nobody elses business. Although, i don't know how RSX- type s 's handle...I do know i have mashed on one on Hwy 1...i would say go WRX, So much more potential (its turbo) and the RSX is not turbo and u can get a turbo for your RSX but is it still covered by warranty?...nope...But if you get a rex i garrantee that it will not be stock for long...you'll get bitten by the bug and before you know it you will have a drop in filter and your resonator will be gone...and a few weeks later...hell you might even have suspension, ECU tuning and some rims...

what ever you get, just have fun w/ it....:banana:

Last edited by qwk_wrx; 12-04-2003 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by R'swrx
...And the RSX had 3 cupholder, compared to 1.
Actually, look above the radio in your WRX for your "bonus" second cupholder!
Old 12-05-2003, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by R'swrx
Yeah that's the one I use. Do you use that little thing next to the e-brake? Or is there another mysterious cup holder?
Yes, I use the one next to the e-brake more often. Something about my drink being suspended over the radio makes me nervous...

Quick Reply: RSX Type S versus WRX