Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Premium Package on 04' WRX

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:26 PM

Car Info: 2005 WR blue WRX w/ premium package
Premium Package on 04' WRX

what does it consist of? I know it includes spoiler, moonroof, de-icers, and heated seats. Does it have leather seats, heated outside mirrors? Thanks for the input.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
You got pretty much everything. It does also have the heated mirrors.

Spoiler, moonroof, heated mirrors, heated seats, heated wipers. I have the premium package and love it. I had the moonroof open on a nice 65 degree saturday, and then the heated seats on a cold rainy day today. :-)

It does not include leather seats. I think they might be available outside the US. Some dealers in the US offer them, and have them put in before you take delivery. There are also companies that make leather seat covers for the WRX if you want to do it yourself aftermarket. I understand it is a tough job though.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
Heated seats are teh bestest, and de-icers a teh pimpzorz!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 San Remo Red WRX w/ Premimu package, Security package, and Short Throw shifter
I have the 04 Premium.
It has all the stuff you mentioned.

The heated steats are really nice - but if it doesnt really get cold where you are, I can see why they wouldnt be that appealing. But they heat up quickly and have a Low and High setting.

The other is a wiper de-icer and heated mirror package. The wipers and side mirrors are free of ice and snow in ~ 5 minutes. That quite sweet when you are late for work. By the time you scrape off the rest of the car, the mirrors and wipers are ready to go.

I live in PA, and have used all this cold weather gear - and it has been worth the money. PLUS I get a free moonroof out of the deal. :banana:

Leather seats are not available in the US.

But - that's up to you. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan 5spd
I like the cloth seats...no leather for this kid...it gives me horrible swamp a$$ on hot muggy summer days.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2004 San Remo Red WRX w/ Premimu package, Security package, and Short Throw shifter
SWAMPA$$

HILARIOUS
Old 04-13-2004, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by RupeDawgPSU
I have the 04 Premium.
It has all the stuff you mentioned.

The heated steats are really nice - but if it doesnt really get cold where you are, I can see why they wouldnt be that appealing. But they heat up quickly and have a Low and High setting.

The other is a wiper de-icer and heated mirror package. The wipers and side mirrors are free of ice and snow in ~ 5 minutes. That quite sweet when you are late for work. By the time you scrape off the rest of the car, the mirrors and wipers are ready to go.

I live in PA, and have used all this cold weather gear - and it has been worth the money. PLUS I get a free moonroof out of the deal. :banana:

Leather seats are not available in the US.

But - that's up to you. Good luck.
That's pretty much why I got mine too... I live in Eastern Pa, and the heated mirrors, wipers and seats are awesome. THe moonroof is nice, but you may want to avoid it if you are taller. It does cut down on the headspace. I am 5' 9" so it doesnt bother me.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:12 PM

Rock - I am 6'2" w/o any problems with the moonroof. Maybe if you are REALLY tall.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:25 PM

I love my PREMIUM PACKAGE ON MY CAR

Web Page: http://members.cardomain.com/mikawi

And yes it's worth it

I love it in the morning when I got to work in the cold morning... P
Old 04-14-2004, 09:42 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX - Black
The premium package is not worth the cost. Way too much money for not much. I would rather look to modifications instead of the luxuries.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:51 AM

What's the differrence in price between the premium package and the regular Rex? Just wondering? Don't need them as here it never goes below 70's during the day and 65 at night.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by cbrown2112
The premium package is not worth the cost. Way too much money for not much. I would rather look to modifications instead of the luxuries.
That's your opinion, but what may not be worth it to you is worthwhile to others. If someone wants a nice power moonroof, heated seats, heater mirrors, heated wipers, and the spoiler... would it be cheaper to do it aftermarket?

Quick Reply: Premium Package on 04' WRX