Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Paint Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 03 yellow WRX stage 1
i've got an 03wrx and i dont have an bubbling, but if i did i'd be bullish if they didnt repainted it. i do however have a dozen or more very small spots on the frontbumper that were chipped off from small rocks. i'd be more upset if i didnt have to get down on my knees to see them but its pretty lame for a 6month old car. subaru needs to start using better paint and steelscrews. i've stripped one or two to easily. maybe i'll have to go black next time so the spots dont show so bad but if the paint gets much worse i'll have to skip over subaru or have them pay to detail my car once a year. slamsitin@hotmail.com
Old 09-10-2003, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
I had bubbling on my hood scoop. Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City, CA had to call SOA to describe the problem, but within an hour they called back and said to repaint the scoop. Carlsen Subaru and Kevin Davidson, the service manager are awesome. Still sucks that it seems to happen though. Definitely a defect.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM FXT STi
I had a defect in the actual paint under the clear, it was like it had water mixed with the paint when it was sprayed. the dealership has repainted the bumper 3 times and still cant match the color (WRB) I've about had enough and will probably take it too a good body shop and have the dealership pay them. the dealership told me that they use a different color paint to paint the bumpers cause they flex. I almost ripped the guy's head off, but thats a whole other story. flexing of the eurthane has nothing to do with the color of the paint being different from the body. the prep and clear is different, but not the color of the paint.