Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

major problem guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 10:25 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Thumbs down AAA woes

I had them for years, got the WRX and my policy jumped to $1,500 a year (36 , no tickets, no points and good driver discount!)and let's not forget $900.00 ayear for the wife's Xterra with NO payments and a clean driving record!!!When junior got his liscence , they wanted $2,500 just for him every 6 months as a secondary driver!
Shop around , I found Mercury will give me the same coverage for 1k for my wife and I plus 1k a year for the kid (he'll be getting a Honda soon so we can drop that even more).Tell dad to check around , even though AAA is "confidence" type insurance carrier the coverage is what counts not the premium!Lot's of folks swear about on-line shopping but do the face to face stuff with reputable brokers for this, it will open your eyes.
But keep that AAA membership , it pays for itself when you have to do any DMV work and you can just go to their office and not wait hours at the actual DMV!
AAA's insurance nuances are built specificaly for the mature crowd and that is no joke, they want no and they mean NO high risk autos or policy holders.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Lightbulb

1) Try 21st Century Insurance.
2) Think about driving a beater for a few years.

P.S. AAA can suck a fart out of my ***! I was rear ended in a 3 month old car by a driver who had AAA. It was a black and white case. I was stopped, the driver of the truck reached for his coffee and hit me doing ~50mph. Their adjuster said that all the damage to my car was not a result of the accident. All I wanted was my car fixed, but they tried to dick me around. As it turns out, I was seriously injured. All I wanted was my new car back, but they would not pay. I sued them and what would have cost AAA 5 grand probably wound up costing them 400 grand a few years later when you take into account my settlement and the fact that they had a team of lawyers working on my case. THAT is why the rates are so damn high.
AAA

Last edited by BlingBlingBlue; 05-30-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:21 PM

Car Info: civic
hehe, well it's been settled in the family guys. i'm going to drive the van that i've been drivng for the past 2 years (since i got my license) and i'm going to be the one driving htat car most of the time from now on. Until December of this year that is...so that's about 6 months wait tiem, and hopefully, i can save up 7g's...to add to the 23 to buy a sti, OR JUST CONVINCE my dad to pay the extra 7 g's and get me the STI and i'll have 7g's worth of money for mods...=] either way, i'm getting the freaking car no matter what. haha. insurance wise, AAA said once i turn 19, my insurance rate for the wrx is 2700 a year, full coverage. in the meantime, 10g's a year...so triple A
Old 05-31-2003, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
dude, you think WRX insurance is expensive...Just wait until the thieving bastards figure out what the STi is!

Talk your dad into taking a performance driving school with you. It will be a fun bonding experience and it might just save your life (and your new car ). He's driving a cool Celica, so he must have some tendency for adrenalin!
Old 06-01-2003, 09:39 PM

Originally posted by 2.5 Steele RS
I have an idea, GET A JOB YOU SPOILED LITTLE **** !
please keep in mind, i'm driving the a family van and it's iloqin who's dad is driving an 02 celica and he's the one with the white wrx, NOT me. If you think i'm spoiled, well, that's your opinion and i have nothing to say about it, and i already have a job, and so i dont ask parents for money, but i'm still going to school and they are planning to get me the car of my choice under 25's. just get your facts straight before you start cussing and calling people spoiled.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
That guy is just pissed cause he lives in Delaware, yeah Delaware.
I-club is not a place for posts like that.
Everyone's post but 2.5 Steele RS was positive and with RESPECT.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
Quick get married, your rates will go down Actually, it's less trouble to pay the money. Either way you'll pay
Old 06-02-2003, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by Peaty
Quick get married, your rates will go down Actually, it's less trouble to pay the money. Either way you'll pay
hey, i think i might try that. maybe even have a kid, since....my 3 years of drivers experience wont be up until another year. so....if i got marry...say next week...and i get her pregnant...we'll have a full family and my insurance will be even cheaper ...jk...heheh thanks for the advice tho, i-club people are cool...or uhm..99% of the time

Quick Reply: major problem guys