Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

looking at used subaru impreza wrx 02

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:42 AM

price etc.

1) price is too high even if 60 K is done, but especially if it's not. either haggle more, or wait for a better price

2) whether the recalls are done or not is irrelevant. Any dealer will (must) do them for free. So if they're not done, just take it in after you get it

3) If someone asked you if you would drive 200 miles for $1000 cash you would do it, right? So why not now? 200 miles= 5 hours MAX each way 10 hours/$1000= $100/hr. Do you make that much at work? THis is a car you'll be keeping for years, I would hate to think that you'd accept a worse car because you didn't feel like driving for a couple of hours.

4) never get an automatic WRX unless you want to take the car with you to your grave. you will never be able to resell it.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:38 AM

Car Info: Bugeye's
Well auto's are for girly men anyway!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:55 AM

Car Info: hope to get a subaru impreza wrx 2002
Originally Posted by LUvikes29
1) price is too high even if 60 K is done, but especially if it's not. either haggle more, or wait for a better price

2) whether the recalls are done or not is irrelevant. Any dealer will (must) do them for free. So if they're not done, just take it in after you get it

3) If someone asked you if you would drive 200 miles for $1000 cash you would do it, right? So why not now? 200 miles= 5 hours MAX each way 10 hours/$1000= $100/hr. Do you make that much at work? THis is a car you'll be keeping for years, I would hate to think that you'd accept a worse car because you didn't feel like driving for a couple of hours.

4) never get an automatic WRX unless you want to take the car with you to your grave. you will never be able to resell it.
Well on number 3) Well what if you have to take it back to the dealer like I have done so far, to fix it for free under their 1k/30 day warranty. 200 miles doing it 1-3 times really adds up. Even the 30 miles like in my case sucks. Also being local their not going to give me the run around as much, if they **** me off I can tell every one around here I know that the dealer sucks and don't buy from them. Bad for business for them. Being a dealer 200 miles away, they don't have to worry about that as much that's for sure.

Me and my brother are going to look at it our selves once at his shop this time, if we fix it fine other wise I'm getting my money back or different car. Just this cool dumb car and it's cel codes, but it all ways ran nice for me anyway.

Last edited by stroeha@mac.com; 12-22-2005 at 12:18 PM.