Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

List of Subaru Dealers Selling for MSRP or better!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 04 wrb sti - vishnu'd
my recommendation:

Nate Wade Subaru
Salt Lake City
ask for Rick Gruber

sold one to me at msrp and made it a truely plesureable experience. i had to drive 750 miles to get it, but it was worth it in my eyes. by the time i got home, it was almost broken in!

as a side note - i emailed a very well-known dealership to have them take me off their msrp waiting list so someone else could move up and the response was "if they had known i needed one right away (italics mine), they had a blue/gold ready to sell; someone had backed out at msrp. who doesn't need one right away? a month ago, i was #94 and the estimate was six months. what's up with that?

mark
Old 07-30-2003, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Blaze Yellow
STI prices in So Cal

I have been doing some independent price shopping of STI's in So Cal for the past week and I do not think that buyers, for the most part, are buying from the dealers charging over MSRP. I base my opinion on the following: Big Valley Subaru (Van Nuys) has seven cars on the lot and listed on their web site inventory as of 07/30/03 and they are charging approx $4500 over, which includes a Pioneer radio. Irvine Subaru has ten (10) cars listed on their web site and they want $3000 over. I do not know what they include for the $3000 if anything. Santa Monica has one car, silver on silver, left as of today at $2800 over which includes lojack, a radio and a wax job. Timmon in Long Beach has 3 cars on their website inventory and i do not know how much they are charging over invoice. So there are at least 21 STI's within 50 miles of L.A. on the second to last day of July. The August allotments are in L.A. harbor waiting for space on the dealers lots. If the cars were really bringing the premium the dealers would like to claim they would not be sitting with so many. At the rate these dealers are accumulating inventory, they are going to have to start selling at MSRP real soon or even, dare I say, start discounting these cars. When the WRX came out in 2001 the dealers tried to get over MSRP for several months, it took about 6-8 months before they started to discount, and about a year before you could buy the WRX at a few hundred over cost. I do not think it will take that long for the dealers to come around this time as the economy is soft and the market is flooded with great $30K+ cars. That is my opinion.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:46 AM

Car Info: Blue STi +Red del Sol VTEC
Every dealership in the Albany area are selling for MSRP. I will pick my Blue/silver STi up next saturday but i don't know which dealer yet. Goldstein and Marshall's Auto Exchange are battling for my business. They both have the car in the showroom with sold signs on them. So far Marshall's is giving me the best deal $31000 even plus the $750 stereo in it for free. A note though Marshall's will take $1000 off MSRP on orders but i don't want to wait and the stereo makes up for it anyway. Every dealership in this area has them in stock and none are marked up the Capital Region/upstate NY is where to buy.

Quick Reply: List of Subaru Dealers Selling for MSRP or better!