Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

How much did you pay for your WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:41 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
they are rare. they are limited edition, the color that is.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:14 AM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Originally posted by firehawk93
I noticed that the dealer here in jacksonville FL has new 03 WRX's for 20,900, they even have 3 of the so called rare yellow ones.
Every dealer up here in PA or around Pittsburgh has 2003's for at LEAST $24-26000!!!?

How would I politly say, I am paying $21000 for this car? lol

-Nigel
Old 05-31-2003, 02:40 AM

Arrow

Originally posted by Ibizan
That's easy: FightingChance.com
That actually seems pretty good! But like most people I'm skeptical... has anyone actually tried this or ordered one? Is it really that good of a tool.. I don't mind spending $30 if it's going to save me many thousands...heheh

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 05-31-2003, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by NewShockerGuy
breadboy:
I went to the cardirect site and the only thing I could price out was a 04', no spot for an 03'. It would be good to know walking in to the dealer what the price will actually be rather then them marking everything up...

-Nigel
Hey Nigel,

You can be really strainght with the dealer. If you go to http://apps.edmunds.com/new/2003/sub...es.3.5.Subaru*

you'll see Subaru is giving $750 cash to dealers to get rid of the 03's. You can also find the invoice pricing here:
http://apps.edmunds.com/new/2003/sub.../options.html? At best you should pay $750 below invoice. Tell him if he gives it to you for $21,000, you'll walk out with a new car right then and there. That usually works pretty well. You just have to let him know you're serious about buying the car, and you know your figures. Also try this link for Carsdirect http://www.carsdirect.com/build/styl...&zipcode=94583 scroll down to see the 03's. Use this only as a refference for pricing. I got my 04 for $700 below the cars direct price after some haggling. Good luck!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 10:42 PM

Arrow

Wow, all those links are great!!!
I'm going to order that WRX package and keep checking out all these links and memorize everything before tuesday..hehe

Do you haggle the price right up front? OR later? For example. Do I walk into the Subaru dealership, and as soon as the guy comes out to talk to me..etc, I tell him I want to buy the car, but I know that Subaru is going to give YOU (the dealer) $750 to get rid of this car since it's a 03' model and I want it at invoice?..lol? The only things I REALLY want on this car, is the spoiler, and short throw shifter with the turbo guage.. other than that I guess it's not needed, because I plan on modding it :-) Can dealerships toss in things for free? Like an auto dimming rear view mirror things like that? I just feel weird saying I want this, at this price.. bla bla bla Kinda feel like I'm taking advantage on it or somthing?

Thanks,

-Nigel
Old 05-31-2003, 11:07 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
No, test drive first, haggle later. Don't even mention price while you are out on the lot. Be reserved, but upbeat with your comments on the car. Let him know you like it, but don't make it obvious. That way, he'll believe that you really want to buy the car. You'll have more credibility then when you sit down to the table and name those terms. Be prepared to wait it out though- they won't budge for the first pass. Figure an hour to 2 hours just waiting for them to take the deal. Don't let them make you mad (this is actually a tactic they use- **** you off so they can 'make it up' to you) don't threaten to leave, don't mention that Dealer X will give it to you at your price (obviously you didn't go there, or you wouldn't be still trying to buy one). Just be cordial and patient. They will simply not turn away a committed customer.

As for freebies- it never hurts to try, but getting the car at invoice and keeping the incentives, well, that's just greedy. Personally, I believe it is always best to leave a little money on the table when you sign the deal. Service isn't free- you get what you paid for. So don't expect to get the best price and the best service in the same place at the same time.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:19 PM

Nigel,

One more thing, always talk to the Internet Sales Manager first, email him and get a quote. They will usually give you a very low starting price. For example, I emailed the internet manager and he told me they were selling the 04's at $500 over invoice straight away, no haggling at all. I then went into the dealership to test drive and just for kicks asked the sales rep how much they were selling them for..answer: "Since these are the 04's we're selling them at MSRP" Over $2K more. If you don't want waste time, tell the sales rep your offer right away. If it's reasonable and within the numbers you've seen on the internet they will not turn you away!! Don't feel shy! If you have the numbers to back it up they won't let you leave without a car!! Good Luck! Post pics when you get your new ride.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your WRX?