Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

HELP: 2005 STI Options Being Deleted Upon Ordering. *Please Read*

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 PM

HELP: 2005 STI Options Being Deleted Upon Ordering. *Please Read*

I'm new to the forums and would like to first say hello. I placed an order for a 2005 STI with certain options. The other night, my sales person tells me that thier regional manager checked the port and said that a STI with the options that I want is there.
My question is, I noticed on the sheet for the allocation that the STI that is being delivered under my name has a few extra options that I didn't choose to have. And so, they put those options under the "Delete Options" part of the sheet. So basically they are going to remove the boost gauge and the upgraded alarm from the car. Now, isn't the boost gauge installed on the steering column and tapped into the fpr. Also, the fog lights aren't installed and they will be adding this at the dealership.
All help and suggestions are appreciated. I'm just curious to know, if this car is going to be hacked up to remove and install such options being not through the factory.

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:40 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
They switch the options at the dealership a lot. My WRX didn't have any options until 30 minutes before I drove it off the lot. It's a good question about the boost guage...my guess is they replace the steering column cover thing. If they don't, it's a simple fix...tell them you don't want an STi with a hole in the steering column cover and wait until one that's right gets to the dealership.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:58 PM

I appreciate the feedback. But how about for the boost hose. Is it tapped into the FPR or is it electrical through the ECU. I know in my VW GTI, it is T'd into the Fuel Pressure Regulator hose.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
It should be tapped from the vaccuum hose (attached to the BOV nipple). They will probably give you a new hose or put in a new hose.

How come you're installing fog lights by the dealership? That's going to cost a lot. You can do the install of fog lights & have the fog light covers for less. I did my own on my STi and spent about 150 bucks on a used set from a 04 WRX owner. Let me know how things work out.

-GDO
Old 12-08-2004, 09:01 PM

I got the fog lights as an option so its already part of the deal. I appreciate all the info guys. Just gotta wait and see.