Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

G35 vs. EVO vs. M3 vs. STI - Drive Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 1996 impreza 60 trim, 8psi 201 whp, 213 tq 200k mi
does this mean he went to a mitsu forum, a infiniti forum, a bmw for AND a subaru forum with this ghey story?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Blackiechan
I would like to hit on a few points:

1. All of these cars were USED as stated in the opening paragraphs of my post. All but one of the cars is in a warehouse awaiting auction at the end of the month.

2. If you read my post, I have not purchased any vehicle as of yet. I intend on purchasing this weekend. I have no intentions of "pimping hoes" I am simply expressing my opinions on my test drives of these vehicles.

3. I have stated clearly that this post was solely an expression of my opinions and experience with each of these cars, regardless of what anyone says my opinion is not up for debate. If you wanted to argue the specs or some other factual data I gave I could understand your point, but stating that my opinion is "bs" show's nothing more than your lack of respect for another potential car owner.

Regards,
BC
i have nothing against your oppinions period! but i do have a problem with ppl that think they are shumacker when making driving impresions. that my friend should be left up to the pros. get your self a sti and be happy. it make not look as good to some ppl as the evo or g35 but for the price is the best bang for the buck. also one of the most reliable in the bunch that you ahve mentioned.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 04 Blue WRX
Talking

BlackieChan I think you should wait. In the meantime, write a book because you write like an author. Sell the book and then buy each one brand new. That way you can have the best of all worlds.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
ok i know im on a subie forum...i dont care...as much as i love an STI and i like the G35 more than the STi...i really dont like the evo...but godddd help me....id choose the M3 all over those other choices SERIOUSLY!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:43 PM

M3 over Sti

Madhatter- you'd be crazy NOT to choose an M3 is someone showed up with all 4 gift wrapped at your door for you to pick one, HOWEVER, while these cars are frequently compared, often by people who don't have enough money to actually own either, it is usually simply disregarded that the STi costs about HALF AS MUCH as an M3. For 50K, it'd better be nicer than an STi. Also, STi is AWD, and can be realistically driven year round in snow, which for some (florida, arizona, etc...) is about as useful as a potato peeler that does the macarena, but for others, is a key buying motivation.