Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Anyone recently trade in their wrx??? how much did you get

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:45 PM

Anyone recently trade in their wrx??? how much did you get

I have an 04 wrx, 19k and a few minor options, 5spd. Anyway i was wondering if anybody had recently traded a comparable wrx in, or even any wrx's that would give me an idea of how much i might get. Thanks a bunch,
Old 01-15-2005, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
heres some resources.
kbb.com and edmunds.com
if you have access to manheim.com thats the site that dealers can research what cars are selling at auctions nationwide.
when i take a car in on trade i always make room for profit. keep in mind that the trade in value on these websites is an objective value before the dealership drives the car.

your location comes into play as well. whether you car is hot or cold in the market depends on where you are.

to give you an example. i took in an 04 wrx w 5,000 miles and paid 17,900 for it. i later sold it for 22000. i put in about 400 dollars in inspections and title tranfers. the market was kind of soft at the time.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-15-2005, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by gdogg
heres some resources.
kbb.com and edmunds.com
if you have access to manheim.com thats the site that dealers can research what cars are selling at auctions nationwide.
when i take a car in on trade i always make room for profit. keep in mind that the trade in value on these websites is an objective value before the dealership drives the car.

your location comes into play as well. whether you car is hot or cold in the market depends on where you are.

to give you an example. i took in an 04 wrx w 5,000 miles and paid 17,900 for it. i later sold it for 22000. i put in about 400 dollars in inspections and title tranfers. the market was kind of soft at the time.

Wow, private party is 21.6, trade in 19.4

so you have worried me, am i gonna be able to get 19 if im trading up?
Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
keep in mind that you might not get trade in value. it depends on the dealer- if they have a market for your car. by law they have some standards to keep(which costs $$) which might explain why they might offer less than trade in value. when you are ready to trade or sell make sure your car is super clean and fresh oil change. 1st impressions are priceless. shiny tires also speak, "this guy is in love with his car" and took care of it.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:20 AM

another thing

keep an eye on the incentives that are available on a new car too. They play a HUGE role in determining the value of a 1-2 year old pre-owned. For example. If there's 0% financing on a new WRX (hypothetically), then if I'm going to take your car in trade, I have to take it in at such a price that I can recondition it, mark it up enough that it can get haggled down and I can still make a profit, PLUS, it's got to be sticker priced low enough to draw a customers attention away from a new car. If you were choosing between a new one for 24K with 0% financing, and a used one with 20,000 miles, for 21 or 22, but without 0%, the decision is very obvious. Right now there's 1.9% financing, or cash back on the WRX which also may hurt your resale value some.