Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

2K RS: Coolant Leak and Watery Sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:20 AM

2K RS: Coolant Leak and Watery Sound

Hey guys,
I have recently discovered that my 2k rs is leaking coolant pretty bad after smelling sweetness during driving. I will get that taken care of at the dealership, as I recently had work done on the engine.

However I had a few questions about this whole thing, and was hoping I could try to understand whats going on.

1. The coolant is leaking in 2 locations.. right under the engine and at the front, where the radiator connects to the block. Seeing as how it seems to be leaking from more than 1 location, could there be an issue with the pressure of the cooling system, a corrosive additive, or somethig else just wrong?

2. At about the same time this issue occured, I started noticing that at initial startup, there would be a watery sloshing sound coming from my engine when I would rev it. The sound would go away though after a minute or so. Is this a coolant related issue or possibly something else?

Any advice and info would be great.
Thanks in advance
Old 09-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
there is a recall on the coolant stuff. basically they just add some additive to your coolant...

I have "2" as well... and I have no idea what it is...