Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

WRX vs Honda s2000

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 06:17 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
S2000 - convertable, RWD, revs to the moon and drives like a damn go-kart. the shift throw is so short that no one makes a short shifter for it. it makes a wee bit more power than the WRX and weighs less. the S2k has enough cargo space for your toothbrush and a roll of quarters. the last time i looked, there was a $5k dealer markup.

WRX - four doors, four driven wheels and room for four suitcases in the trunk if you pack light. it's a sleeper if you get it in white or silver without the factory spoiler, much more low-profile than the S2k, and cheaper to boot.

i was looking at both, and the lack of availability and dealer markup killed my desire for an S2000. plus, it wouldn't haul my surfboard, 100lb German Shepherd, or enough groceries to keep me fed for a week. spend some cash on the suspension, brakes and shifter and the WRX will keep up with the S2000 in the dry, and you'll own the S2000 in the rain or on less than ideal roads.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:04 PM

I'd prolly get the S2k as a cruizer or weekend track car only... OR maybe take it to parties or something. It wouldn't be my daily driver though, no.

The WRX will suit you more if you have more needs. That's IF you have another car in hand... The WRX can do mayn more things compared to a S2k because of more room etc. S2k is more like a track car so space for things are limited.

The S2k does have great performance! It's got a vey nice engine, although not torqy but it's got a nice 4 banger tone to it. It looks very sharp too and nice. I'd get one just to get chicks! hehe

Think about your needs right now. It'll help out on your decision
Old 06-27-2003, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
i think in chicago the wrx is the way to go
Old 06-27-2003, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 2001 2.5rs coupe
the s2000 sucks in my opinion. it looks good, is fast, etc. the only bad thing about it is that it's only fast up high in the revs and for everyday driving who wants to be up at 6krpms at all times in traffic and whatnot. i mean its fun for a little while, but after you get over the new fun car phase, it's really not practical at all. and the biggest problem is that when the car is low in the rpms it is probably as fast as a civic lx. if you plan on driving the car all out every time you drive, then it's probably a great car, but for those who realize that you don't want to redline it every single time you get to a light or start up the car, it really is a very poor design for a daily driver.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:03 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
Originally posted by TheBaron862
. i mean its fun for a little while, but after you get over the new fun car phase, it's really not practical at all. .
nicely put.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:39 AM

Car Info: 98 L w/hybrid ej257 Linked
you can buy a hard top for the S2000 which makes the car 12992349 times better

Quick Reply: WRX vs Honda s2000