Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
View Poll Results: Is the WRX getting too popular?
Yes-too popular too fast
46.05%
No-not too popular for me
42.11%
Its probably going to become popular in a few years
11.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

WRX getting too popular?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
good point...i want people who really know cars to get it ...but i think a lot of people who dont know cars are also getting it...which is bothering me cuz its not for the right reasons...at lest not IMO
Old 07-10-2003, 12:48 AM
HJC

I live in the SF Bay Area. I only drive around on the weekends and I dont see many around on the freeways. Maybe 1 or 2 the entire weekend on the road and another couple in the parking lots. I still feel unique while driving it.

When I first got the car a couple of months ago, only my girlfriend and one other friend who's into cars knows what it was. My other friends say things like "Why did you waste $25,000 on THAT?" and "Man, you screwed up big time" and "That thing is ugly!". Another guy who thinks he's into cars thought I had a V6. So I think people who drive WRXs mostly know what they are buying, although the ricer thing is starting to get annoying as I heard one ricer at a car show tell his buddies how he's gonna change the bug eyes to Integra lights.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
yeah i heard ths girl at an auto show telling her guy friend to get away from "that ugly car" and i felt like going up to her and bi*ch slapping her...but the guy LOVED the wrx..i was staring at the engine for an hour(not kidding...about an hour staring at the car) and he was inside shifting n hangin out....guess he knew cars...oh and there was this one time at the palisades mall i saw a yellow wrx with altezzas(it was scary) and rally decals...of course it was some teenager who ...well i dont know if he knew cars...but anyway if you're still reading...the ricer factor bothers me...even tho its not that bad (yet?)
Old 07-10-2003, 11:16 AM
HJC

Originally posted by nick van exel
just curious...what do your friends drive?
The one who said it was ugly drives a 2000 Civic DX hatchback rice boy style. Lowered, 17" rims, exhaust tip only, and loud beat. I put him down all the time about his car but he says it looks "tight".

The one who questioned me about why I spent so much doesn't really drive, but like old BMWs and Mercedes, which he says I should have gotten. I figure he's into status rather than performance.

The two who thought I had a V6 drive an Avalon and a 300ZX NA. The Avalon because he's too fat to fit into anything else, and the 300ZX says he likes the look.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX WRB
What is "too popular"? I try to buy the best, highest performance car (within my budget and needs) for the money. That's why I bought a Nissan Maxima 3 years ago and the WRX a year later. At the time, those two cars were the best cars in their categories for the money. It could be argued that they still are. It doesn't bother me to see 15 Maximas on the way to work everyday. I don't see nearly as many WRXs, but I wouldn't care if I did. Popularity/rarity has little to do with my decision to buy a car.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX with BOV, mudflap
Believe it or not, last week July 4th weekend, I went to L.A., I saw more Porsche than Honda Civic, no need to say WRX nor Impreza.