Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Wrecked My Rex!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 08:37 AM

Car Info: Sedona red RS
Talking Here's an idea!

Ok if they total it, take the check and see If you can then buy the car back from them. I totaled a gsr Integra they cut me check for 12,000 then they said I could buy it back totaled for 1,200. Fixed it for 3,000 sold it for 9,000 and made out like a bandit! It helps to know the garage your getting the estimate at too, might save you the cost on your deductible, have the estimate bumped up to cover your deductible. I love insurance
Old 12-11-2002, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
It's *******s like JAYFRESSH which make it nearly impossible to get paid on a legitimate claim. Padding a repair estimate is just plain wrong, and a lot of body shops don't need any more encouragement to be crooks. I don't like insurance companies any more than the next guy, but these kinds of anecdotes are the reason honest people get screwed. Insurance companies have reason to believe everybody is trying to scam them.

Good luck with getting a new car, Jacobsen. I hope the lady in the truck has to take the bus for a while.

Last edited by BlingBlingBlue; 12-11-2002 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 87 944 Turbo Porsche -
Thumbs up ohh well

Good luck with the insurence company...we all know their scum bags..but if its in your ball park try to get that thing totaled out.

.i honestly have no idea how bad that thing is just from the picture but one thing i do know if its BAD ENOUGH that thing will never drive or ever be the same as it was b4.Thats the bad thing with all ***/ cars they have great motors and run 4 ever but they cant take a hit and when they do they bend like F^cking pretzels.......GOOD LUCK MAN!! GET another WRX YOU WONT BE HAPpY WITHOUT IT
Old 12-14-2002, 07:08 AM

Car Info: 1996 Subaru Impreza (outback)
I've been hearing a lot about USAA..Can someone tell me more about it..? Is it just car insurance or added insurance or what? Is it worth lookign into? I have Allstate but am always looking for lower/better rates and coverage.

specially if I am getting an STi.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2005 LGT - White
Angry Re: ohh well

Originally posted by OneFast944Turbo
Good luck with the insurence company...we all know their scum bags..
Since I work for an insurence company I take that comment to heart. Most companys are not out to screw you, its people that make BS claims and pad quotes that make our insurence so high!
I am not saying that all company are not scum bags, some are. But some are very good and honest.

I expect to get flamed for this, so let it fly. I was just stating my opinion.
Drew

Quick Reply: Wrecked My Rex!