Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Where is the fuel level sensor located?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:53 AM

Car Info: 02' Black Wgn
Where is the fuel level sensor located?

My fuel gauge is all jacked up so I baught a new level sensor. I got the scematic from subaru but it shows two sensors that look very much alike. Question : where is the fuel level sensor located? How do I get to it to replace it? I own a 02" wrx wagon. There isn't a tech. forum to handel this one, so I am depending on you guys.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2003, 10:49 AM

thanks

of the two sending units. Do you have any idea which one would be the main sending unit? I am looking for the one that controlls the gauge. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:30 PM

its on the passenger side of tank-plz do some ohm readings -voltage test before you keep throwing parts at it.if you insist on fixing it urself-vist ur local suba dealer and ask te tech to print of the diagnoisis work sheet for this problem
Old 09-12-2003, 12:15 PM

unfortunatly

ever since I brought up the TSB on the clutch shudder I am treated like a seconclass citizen at my local dealer. It was like pulling freakn' teeth to get the guys to print off a schematic of the tank. Then I noticed the two level indicators that looked the same and the guy said, Uh....I don't know....then didn't offer any other help. I would rather beat my head repeatedly with a hammer before I would trust my car car to these guys. But anyway, as far as you know, could there be any other part malfunctioning that would cause the false reading on the gauge? The gauge will register full then show empty at 9.5-10 gallons.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2003, 09:14 PM

first-next time you vist your dealer ask what there (soli) score is for there area-this will give you a idea on what other customers think of the overall work and service from that dealer.you can use this to base the better shop in ur area.agian i get upset myself when everone comes in now knowing that there is a improved flywheel,plate and disc to fix clutch shudder,people come in by the the hordes with this info,so you have to first verify that it does happen before any repairs are to be done,or else everyone will be coming in for it.yes there is some easy test to do-if you are familar with electrica and can you use a muti meter then i would be happy to send you the diag sheets on this.the specs for measuring the level sensors are at the full down and up positions,resistance values will need to be checked-one time i had a bad circuit board in a instrument cluster which caused the problem in a outback,which was caused by the customer.this is why i stating that more time testing the cicuit is worth its weight in parts thrown at it.please e-mail me ur year and model of impreza and i be happy to send you the print out
Old 09-15-2003, 12:28 PM

Thanks for your help!

Well, buy the time I made the first post I had allready purchased the level indicator. This weekend I threw the part in and guess what, no change in the performance of the gauge. I should have taken your advice. So this is where I am at. It isn't the in tank level indicator. I own a 2002 impreza wrx wagon. If you could fax me any info on the electrical it would be greatly appreciated. Fax # 1-800-465-8366.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 09-15-2003, 03:07 PM

will due this tuesday the 16th.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:03 PM

any update on the info for my malfunctioning feul gauge?
Old 09-17-2003, 05:13 PM

have the info-could use a e-mail thou.you will need adobe reader.free download at there site.i assume your car is over 36k miles,right.do you no how to use a multi-meter.if so send me your e-mail so i can send ya the info.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:17 AM

josh@niterider.com

The car has 51K..

Thanks for the help
Old 09-18-2003, 06:00 PM

the file is to big to download.im trying to find a way thru adobe to just copy the pages needed to send ya