Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Under the dash, what is this wire and why is it not connected? *Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow Under the dash, what is this wire and why is it not connected? *Pics

Well, me trying to get more familar with the car I decide to stick my head underneith the drivers side dash, I see a WHOLE mess of wires, conectors etc... When I see this green connector with a black/red wire, it is not connected to the other green connector. I was almost ready to just to push it back together.. but I wanted to make sure what it did and why it wasn't already connected to the other green connector.

Let me see if I can get a pic: Bad pics, but all I could snap without bending my neck to a crazy position..

Second picture looks like it's connected but it is NOT.. just the angle. If anyone wants to stick their head under their dash and tell me if their's is the same way that would be all cool :-p I am just wondering why this is not connected?

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 07-14-2003, 06:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Those green connectors are for diagnostic use only and are supposed to be left unplugged. Leave them alone.
If you are curious about what happens if you connect them, the answer is that your CEL will flash continously and the ECU-controlled devices (fans, solenoids etc.) will cycle, and you will freak out.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:34 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Thank you very much Mulder! You rock.. I love this forum, everything I have asked has gotten answered! I was worried, I thought to myself, so far the car has been driving great but why would they leave a connector that looks like it should connect unconnected..? Excellent! Thank you again.

-Nigel