Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Thats it. Im in love. 2009 wrx! Im tradin the wagon in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
yeah but even if i save 1500 thats only like 25 a month and that just wont drop it enough for me.

I always tell everyone everything happens for a reason. and i firmly believe that. maybe i dont get this cuz something way better will pop up in the future.

I dunno. i am still kinda bummed. when i test drove it the guy was like "oh yeah i am sure we can get it within your price range and he couldnt deliver. i kinda dont like Prestige anyway.Except for Roo (on i-club)and Tim the service manager for Subaru (hella awesome old dude)I think they are a bunch of douche bags. I told the guy I still wanna see the WRB 5 door when they get it in. I dunno why i am gonna torture myself. I still wont be able to buy it. I just wanna see what coulda been.

I hear ya on this. I tried to buy my STi from prestige in 07. They jacked me around for like 2 months. The added a crazy markup on it and offered my rubbish finance. Not a good experience.

I just got on the phone rang Redwood City Subaru and within 3hrs I had my car for $500 over invoice and with cheaper Finance than presitge. Brilliant customer service no bs just straight forward sale.

Why don't you call around to other dealers if you really want the car. Best thing to do is ask for the sales manager, tell him what payment plan you want and if they can do it you will be right down to buy. Dealers love this type of sale, no work easy money for them.

Don't give up on it yet..
Old 10-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
after reading that car and driver about the new 09 wrx I now want one hella bad!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:09 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
after reading that car and driver about the new 09 wrx I now want one hella bad!
I read the car and driver too man. It can take an 07-08 sti stock. it gets it on the 1/4 and 0-60. I am gonna take irishdudes advice and call around. I just dont wanna have to go all the way to redwood to get an oil change and **** you know.

I know prestige took me for a ride on my wagon. But i wanted it soo bad and unfortunatly I let them know it.

Lesson learned though. I will know what to do next time I am in the market.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 08 WRX 5dr TBE, Perrin TMIC, VF52
I feel for you, but you're smart. You did what a lot of us could not do -- hold true to your budget.

But this is one of the reasons I'm NOT pissed I have an 08. Mine does NOT have the Premium Package... I paid $23k plus tax and warranty, so I financed around $26k if I remember right (I put $2000 down). I was at the absolute limit of what I could get financed for, so if I had bought the one on the lot that was a Premium, I woulda need another $1500-2000 down, which I didn't have.

So, I've had my 08 since May, and have 11k miles on it. I've enjoyed the heck out of it. It's Stage 2 now too, so it's easily an equal to the 09 (maybe even a little bit ahead). Plus I just bought a VF40 for it that I will mod before I install.

I have no problem with the 08 suspension either... I put bigger swaybars on it and a STB. I have STI Pinks in the garage waiting for Bilstein or Koni to make some decent shocks. And I'll upgrade the tires after I finish destroying these POS Bridgestones on the autocross course.

BTW, Irish... I see you're in the Bay Area too. I'm in San Jose... PM me if you wanna hook up for lunch sometime (or anybody else local).

Rob
Old 11-01-2008, 04:39 AM

Car Info: 08 WRX wagon
I am also very happy with my 08. I had an opportunity to sell my forester xt so i sold it. i didn't have the luxury of waiting for the 09's. i paid $22,000 for my 08 and have zero % financing for 2 years so I saved a ton of money buying an 08. swaybars, springs under $500 so I am still way ahead of the game with the money I saved over an 09. the car is plenty quick and i am avg 25.5 mpg combination hwy and local. an 09 would be nice but with the money i saved the 08 was a better choice. no regrets.