Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Thats it. Im in love. 2009 wrx! Im tradin the wagon in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 AM

Car Info: The iMP
Hey, I was just trying to encourage the trade-in and was trying to relate how much I too liked the new Imp. We obviously have different needs for a daily driver. I drive on the track during the weekends with a completely different car and have various other hobbies that I attend to that definitely don't entitle me to needing a 265bhp car. Plus the manumatic decision was for my fiance. She doesn't like manuals (doesn't mean she won't she just doesn't like 'em) and I was really taken over with Porsche's PDK system and Maserati's manumatic system. You are right though...that clutch is really light for being stock.

Again, I am new to the Impreza scene. A few of my friends race the GC8s and 2005-2007 Imprezas and their feedback for my needs were great. It was well-founded just like the Impreza's heritage.

Last edited by 2.5MiKlixxImp; 10-16-2008 at 03:24 AM. Reason: clarification (n00b bashing)
Old 10-18-2008, 03:03 AM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Impreza
Tomorrow you are going in to do figure out your finance options right?

Oooh...this is way too cool!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
So it didnt happen. Out the door before taxes it was $32,000 . I was like are you trying to **** me or what. (but not in those words.)

$29,000 regular. $32,000 for premium package. throw my last $2,000 i would owe after trade in on top with the 36,000/mile warranty. i was looking at $37,500. I said no way. that would put me at $600+ a month on a 5 year loan. They started talking to me about leasing, i wasnt really down with that. but they said if i wanna lease we can knock the price down. that way if in a year or 2 i want another new wrx it makes it easier.

Well that was $546. that was $100 more than i pay now. i was willing to go $500 but $550 for a lease no thanks. Obviously they werent willing to go down on the price. it would have almost 0 miles on a new model car. so i said thanks and maybe if they have any on the lot next year they wanna sell we could talk then.

I wasnt even gonna have them put any extras on. i was just gonna get the warranty (mostly cuz it is a brand new motor and it will have lots of bugs im sure) but really $32,000. I could have bought an 06 STI with 800 miles they had on the lot for that when i bought my wagon.

One cool thing i gotta give them though. When you buy a 2009, for the first 36,000 miles or 3 years brake pads, clutch lining, headlights, windshield wipers and batteries for the remotes are all included and replaced for free within that periods of time. **** i would go through some brakes if they were free.

SO anyway. My saga, quest and dream of owning a 2009 is gone. It sucks cuz on the website it says base model starting at $25,000. i know its cali and we get raped but I could have done that. BUt $29,000 cant do it. I am pretty bummed. I cleaned they car. Had it all pretty and then brought her back home with me. You know what though. I really like my wagon. Its a good car. It has sentimental value.

I looked at it the day my wife went into labor with our baby. We were gonna buy it that afternoon but she went into labor as we were getting ready to go look at it again. We couldnt agree on how to spell our son's name, so she told me if she got to spell it her way I could get my car. And we went and bought our very first car as a married couple the day after my son and wife got out of the hospital. He slept through the whole buying fiasco. And when I brought the car home and put him in it for the first time, he smiled for the first time, he was only 4 days old.

So maybe i will keep the wagon for as long as it runs, and then even longer because one day it will be my wagon STI. Maybe then we will trade in the prius and just get another wrx. I am a subie owner for life now. I have plenty of time. But for now, I am keeping the wagon.

p.s. sorry to disappoint you matt.

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 10-21-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: matt will be sad
Old 10-21-2008, 01:06 AM

Alright...I am pansy. I am sorta tearing up at this. Not that you didn't get the car. No no...the fact that you also have a connection with your car. I am reminded of my bug, Kato. Lots of fun, laughs, and blood went into that car but ultimately I grew up and realized I needed something a little practical.

Irish Car Bomb, for what it's worth, you have my respect and I hope to meet you sometime over a beer.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
It's still a good ending at least you still have a Subaru WRX Wagon
Old 10-21-2008, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by StayShift
Alright...I am pansy. I am sorta tearing up at this. Not that you didn't get the car. No no...the fact that you also have a connection with your car. I am reminded of my bug, Kato. Lots of fun, laughs, and blood went into that car but ultimately I grew up and realized I needed something a little practical.

Irish Car Bomb, for what it's worth, you have my respect and I hope to meet you sometime over a beer.
Yeah man. If you are ever in the area, I am always down to have a beer or any dink with a fellow i-clubber.

Originally Posted by RedStage
It's still a good ending at least you still have a Subaru WRX Wagon
True that man. True that
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
buy your car is Sac. less tax, can save you about $1500 lol
Old 10-21-2008, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec-V
Whats up with that price? I thought they were cheaper in Cali. I also heard of people getting them for invoice or a couple hundred less, around 26k for the base model. btw, I was checking out costco and you can get one for just over 25k and 27k for the premium. I'm thinking of joining, but not sure how it works. Its like $50 to join, but I'm not sure if there are local dealers around here and if they can ship the car you want from another dealership like a regular dealer can.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Whats up with that price? I thought they were cheaper in Cali. I also heard of people getting them for invoice or a couple hundred less, around 26k for the base model. btw, I was checking out costco and you can get one for just over 25k and 27k for the premium. I'm thinking of joining, but not sure how it works. Its like $50 to join, but I'm not sure if there are local dealers around here and if they can ship the car you want from another dealership like a regular dealer can.
I almost went through Costco for my 08 purchase but realized that I wouldn't be able to get the prices slashed like I did or get a good trade in price (Idk why...rediculous if you ask me). Anywhoo...what you do is you go to Costco's website and under the auto tab who can set up an appointment with a dealer representative. They are really nice and will bend over backwards for you. You CAN have a car shipped...the only difference is that you pay the Costco price. Remember though...you don't have a whole lot of room to negotiate.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
buy your car is Sac. less tax, can save you about $1500 lol
yeah but even if i save 1500 thats only like 25 a month and that just wont drop it enough for me.

I always tell everyone everything happens for a reason. and i firmly believe that. maybe i dont get this cuz something way better will pop up in the future.

I dunno. i am still kinda bummed. when i test drove it the guy was like "oh yeah i am sure we can get it within your price range and he couldnt deliver. i kinda dont like Prestige anyway.Except for Roo (on i-club)and Tim the service manager for Subaru (hella awesome old dude)I think they are a bunch of douche bags. I told the guy I still wanna see the WRB 5 door when they get it in. I dunno why i am gonna torture myself. I still wont be able to buy it. I just wanna see what coulda been.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy Outback Limited '97
i think you made a good choice, you saved a lot of money
Old 10-21-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
yeah but even if i save 1500 thats only like 25 a month and that just wont drop it enough for me.

I always tell everyone everything happens for a reason. and i firmly believe that. maybe i dont get this cuz something way better will pop up in the future.

I dunno. i am still kinda bummed. when i test drove it the guy was like "oh yeah i am sure we can get it within your price range and he couldnt deliver. i kinda dont like Prestige anyway.Except for Roo (on i-club)and Tim the service manager for Subaru (hella awesome old dude)I think they are a bunch of douche bags. I told the guy I still wanna see the WRB 5 door when they get it in. I dunno why i am gonna torture myself. I still wont be able to buy it. I just wanna see what coulda been.
Since you are planning on doing some mods to it (whereas I am not...yet ) then you should wait until the market floods with their products. Everything is still in the R&D stages for these new cars...

I am disappointed too but hey! You still got your awesome *******' waggin'.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
i was looking at $37,500.
I almost threw up when I read that, $37.5k OTD is insane for a WRX...hell a gently used/early returned 08 STi will go for that.

Sad.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lboogie
I almost threw up when I read that, $37.5k OTD is insane for a WRX...hell a gently used/early returned 08 STi will go for that.

Sad.
Ya i know. I am kinda over it and then i read this thread and get all bent about it again. However I just talked to the wife abotu doing some cobb coilovers and AP with my gauges so if that happens i will be back in happy town.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:48 PM

Ya i know. I am kinda over it and then i read this thread and get all bent about it again. However I just talked to the wife abotu doing some cobb coilovers and AP with my gauges so if that happens i will be back in happy town.
LOLZ So easily amused. I love it!

Quick Reply: Thats it. Im in love. 2009 wrx! Im tradin the wagon in.