Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

SubieSport magazine any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
SubieSport magazine any good?

Read the Sticky on this and wonder if its worth buying since it only a bi-monthly magazine,..I checked out the website, but hard to tell if its still worth buying....

Id want something hardcover that I can read instead of looking at my lcd monitor to read about Subies,..Good for reference and when Im bored at work,..

What are your own personal review of the mag? Is it just a few articles with a lot of advertisements or is it really a good technical magazine with installs, product reviews, and personal rides/cars??

How many pages average is the mag??

Just curious cause I will subscribe if it isnt a 40-50pg magazine with only 10pages of readible articles and 30-40pgs of advertisements,..

thanks
Kevin
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 PM

Car Info: 01 GME(6) / 04 GDF(7)
It's good, content-wise very helpful if you're interested in what they're covering at the moment.
If you're looking to get featured in that magazine, you better know someone from their clicque, cuz it's the only ones they'll cover. since you're out there in the pacific, it's a toss-up.
Oh. they'll cover just about anyone who advertises in their mag, also, they have jeff from Perrin answering questions from readers but is merely there to self promote his goods.
But if you're anywhere near Washington state, you have a good shot at being featured even if you own a POS.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 05 2.5RS + 07 LGT
Originally Posted by Dylan
It's good, content-wise very helpful if you're interested in what they're covering at the moment.
If you're looking to get featured in that magazine, you better know someone from their clicque, cuz it's the only ones they'll cover. since you're out there in the pacific, it's a toss-up.
Oh. they'll cover just about anyone who advertises in their mag, also, they have jeff from Perrin answering questions from readers but is merely there to self promote his goods.
But if you're anywhere near Washington state, you have a good shot at being featured even if you own a POS.

I'm all good with opinions and such, but I'd like to point out that we have covered cars from Australia, the UK, and the East Coast, and continue to. Sure, we have a couple more from our local area...same can be said for any car magazine.

We're new. Let us know what you want to see. But it helps to let us know directly. We don't always catch threads like this.

For the rest, I'll let the mag stand on it's own. But please don't have tunnel vision and say we'll cover any POS just because you disagree with one or two choices we've made. There's a lot more to it than just picking what's cool..like, is there a writer and photographer nearby that can get with the owner?

My guess is you'll be happy to hear that we're having to get a lot more selective with each issue as we're now getting weekly requests for cars to be featured in the mag. Want to just "get in?" We have a Readers Rides section just for that. Send in pics of your car with some paragraphs about what's in it and what you do with it... rides@subiesport.com

Oh, and we're 84 pages with, IIRC, 15 pages of ads.

Cheers,

Ryan Douthit
Subiesport Magazine
http://www.subiesport.com

Last edited by ricochet; 07-13-2005 at 11:00 PM.