Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Subaru XV CROSSOVER First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2012
Exclamation Subaru XV CROSSOVER First Impressions

Well, I went to my local dealership in Denver CO, they had a XV in the showroom. Got an email with an invitation to go and see it in person.
Apprently Subaru let the delership show the car for few days before they move it to the next dealership.

It looks nice in the pictures, that is about it.

I had my camera but I didn't bother to even take a single picture, since I think it is waste, well, just my opinion.

Same thing as a Impreza sport hatchback model, but lift up using Forester (8.5" ground clearance)suspention, nice rims and nice trim around the bumpers, that is it!!!!!!

WHY SUBARU, WHY?
I was hoping for at least, the same engine as the Legacy and hoping for a six speed tranny. Instead, it is the same identical Impreza car, engine and everything else.

Well, that is just my opinion. I got a 2012 Sport Limited Impreza and the wife loves it, I wish it had at lest a five speed tranny but then you'll give up the MPG.

Last edited by silberboy; 08-19-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
It was already disclosed that the XV was just a lifted Impreza Nobody ever made any claims otherwise.

Well, that is just my opinion. I got a 2012 Sport Limited Impreza and the wife loves it, I wish it had at lest a five speed tranny but then you'll give up the MPG.
I would gladly give up 2mpg to have control over what the car is doing. Sorry, but I'd even take a regular automatic over the CVT, which is what you have to have gotten because a normal automatic will always get worse mileage than a manual.