Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Subaru Gebuine Parts / Subie Gal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:44 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs down Subaru Gebuine Parts / Subie Gal?

I just have had one horrible experience with this woman. Anyone else?

In a nutshell. She in a post on NASOIC tells a forum member there is a catback exhaust available from SPT for the NA 2.5RS. I am a salesman at another dealership in Oregon. She of course works at one in Washington. I e-mail her and say, my parts people using the catalogs and the SPT site show NO cat-back available for a 2005 NA 2.5RS.

I then get these two replies fro the Subie Gal:

1st Reply ~

SPT cat back 2005 NA Exhaust...
there are currently 205 available.

um.... super easy to get. Our price is $449

hiope this helps.
have a nice day

Jamie Thomas
Internet Parts Manager
www.SubaruGenuineParts.com
www.VWGenuineParts.com
toll free: 800.962.0822

I respond, "ARE YOU SURE? My parts people cannot find this item?"

2nd Response ~

sounds like you need a new parts counterperson

05 NA Exhaust from spt - - cat back system?
those should be available.
I sold 2 last week. SOA8377900

have fun
Jamie Thomas
Internet Parts Manager
toll free: 800.962.0822

I go ahead and tell my parts people to order this part #. I get it in yesterday and it is a 3" cat-back by SPT for the 2005 STI!!! I have to re-imburse my dealership the cost of frieght to get it and now to return it as well.

I call her and I get no apology for being completely wrong (actually called TWICE) to give her the chance to say she is sorry. No deal.

So I post my episode on RS25 and NASIOC ~

There is a thread of many, many post on RS25 about people upset with her service. BUT every review on NASIOC is glowing. Now I know why!!!

Below is just in from Jamie ~ Do YOU see any attempt at an apology for being an idiot? I only see, her customer logic would work this way in the sales department at a dealership ~ Why should I give a test drive, a walk around or any accurate information to any person who walks onto the lot... knowing they may buy somewhere else? ~ For GOD's sake ~ It's A Service Business STUPID!

Newest email from the queen of all things Subaru follows below:

Tell me why....
i should help anyone...

who is looking to get part number so they can purchase a part somewhere else?

have a nice day - please do not bother trying to use me to source parts or part numbers

i would REALLY appreciate you not taking advantage and wasting my time.

and yes... that is all you are doing

Jamie Thomas
Internet Parts Manager
www.subiegal.com

Now obviously I told her JUST what I was doing & I was a salesman at another dealership! Hence the comment we should fire our parts guy for giving me the CORRECT information!

Despite this she pulled this post off of NASIOC and 'gave me a warning'. Lucky I don't have to stay after school. If you need a 'Subaru Genuine Part' may I suggest your local dealer. This lady is BAD news!

Last edited by NW OBS; 02-14-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Damn.....

Pretty messed up, especially the part where your thread on NUTSAC got removed.
Good looking out and it is always appreciated when a Customer Service business does just that.

Thanks for putting out the word.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Yeah, I've heard bad things about jamie. Most people hate her here. I thikn she has a power trip. She takes advantage of her powers and thinks just because she's a mod she can do whatever she wants. Also, she thinks just because she does rallying and works at a dealership she knows everything. Soudns to me she has an inflated ego. What she needs to do is stop being a *****. I mean, whats with this comment? "Tell me why....
i should help anyone...

who is looking to get part number so they can purchase a part somewhere else?"
yeah it's one thing to protect your business and another thing to be unethical. Also seems like shes trying to cover her mistake by giving you the "wrong" part number. and if she's giving you the wrong parts number on purpose, i thikn that's just bad ethics. Come on, you work at another subaru dealership, where is the subaru love?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:16 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Huh.... oh well.

I've actually used Jamie a few times in the past and it's always been the same - prompt emails and quick shipping with decent prices. If a lot of 2.5RS'ers are ticked at her, perhaps she's just unusually bad about NA parts? (OK, I realize this is probably stretching it...)

<shrug>

So...NW OBS - when are you gonna give us the hook up on parts?
-C
Old 02-14-2006, 10:55 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Cool

Originally Posted by cannibal869
Huh.... oh well.

I've actually used Jamie a few times in the past and it's always been the same - prompt emails and quick shipping with decent prices. If a lot of 2.5RS'ers are ticked at her, perhaps she's just unusually bad about NA parts? (OK, I realize this is probably stretching it...)

<shrug>

So...NW OBS - when are you gonna give us the hook up on parts?
-C
Yep, that's a stretch. The only forum she shines on is the one where she is a mod!

I can help you with sales. The parts guys I had to fire...

I can tell you I have the cleanest used '05 STI in the NW. Crystal Grey with 6.9K on the clock. All pink stickies and emblems are GONE. So, if you think the '06 face should have stayed in Italy with the designer who stepped into Subaru... THIS is the car for you! 541.840.8378
Old 02-15-2006, 06:23 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
I've never heard NASIOC called "NUTSAC" before, but that's definitely funny!

I normally just call it "NABISCO."

But in all honesty, I have heard her name mentioned before (I can't remember where...) and people told me she's the person to go to for parts.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
NUTSAC is a registered trademark.....well not really but I came up with it (as far aws I know)
Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
odd....dunno about your expierence but ive never had one single problem with jamie. she's usually pretty helpful and always willing to answer my questions. id have to say ive made over a dozen orders through her website and phone sales and not one blunder...sorry if no one is perfect man
Old 02-15-2006, 08:58 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
I never ordered stuff from subaru genuine parts because she didnt ever return my pm's or reply to my posts over there...probably because Im a 'n00b', lol. Meh no biggie, plenty other vendors out there.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by subie OCD
I never ordered stuff from subaru genuine parts because she didnt ever return my pm's or reply to my posts over there...probably because Im a 'n00b', lol. Meh no biggie, plenty other vendors out there.
I posted in my previous post that I've never personally dealt with her, but I'm thinking back, and I think I vaguely recall Emailing her about some parts and getting a prompt response back from her.....

I could be mistaken and it may have been someone else. Been a while....
Old 02-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Troll

Car Info: MY2005 WRX Wagon
Talking

I have had a run in with her. I told here she was the worst Rally Drive in the Nation. She ban me for a 2 weeks. I know a tech who used to work for at the same place she did, he said she is a %unt. lololol

You can only get a axle back
Old 02-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Ha!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:53 PM

jeez I was about to order some STI side skirts from her for $420 shipped but now I don't know. I'm huge on customer service since I used to be in the industry myself. To bad too, since she's the only one I can find STI side skirts from.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by MrSubaru
I have had a run in with her. I told here she was the worst Rally Drive in the Nation. She ban me for a 2 weeks. I know a tech who used to work for at the same place she did, he said she is a %unt. lololol

You can only get a axle back
You got banned for calling her a bad rally driver? That's almost just as bad as what just happened to me over at www.iwsti.com over the past week.

A few months ago I was banned for "inciting flames wars and disrespecting members." What really happened is that some guy from NUTSAC came over starting trouble, and claiming "anyone that knows anything is over at NASIOC," basically incinuating that we over on www.iwsti.com were a bunch of dumbasses. I called the guy a "n00b" and told him "Since we're such a bunch of dumbasses over here, why don't you just go back to NASIOC."

So, fast forward to this past week. This ***-clown calls me a "retard," then proceeds to call me an "idiot," just because I made a comment, "The STi got SMOKED, plain and simple." Yeah......there were a bunch of STi fanboys crying and making excuses for an STi getting smoked by a Scion tC with a turbo and an exhaust. So, I reply in HUGE BOLD font about, "THE STI GOT SMOKED, SO WHAT NOW?"

The next thing I know, I go to sign on to www.iwsti.com and my account was BANNED. What happened to the jackass that started the argument? He got a warning. What really pissed me off was the fact that I even reported it to the mods, who *apparently* "keep the peace." Basically, I got banned for typing in big bold letters. The mods are a bunch of dumbasses over there. I can't say that I miss any of those tight-asses. Apparently, over on www.iwsti.com, if you express your opinion or disagree with someone, you're starting a flame war. F*ck'em. Idiots.

Upon exploration of other Subaru forums and venues, I've found that the most intelligent of members seem to be here. Now, I'm sure there are some real asses on this forum as well, as can be expected from ANY internet forum, but I am yet to see anyone being personally insulted and disrespected here.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by YooShin
jeez I was about to order some STI side skirts from her for $420 shipped but now I don't know. I'm huge on customer service since I used to be in the industry myself. To bad too, since she's the only one I can find STI side skirts from.
Have you tried contacting Subaru in Japan? I've seen an "STi" site before for them, and I believe they do sell parts. I know it's a far stretch, but it may be worth your while to look into it. Also consider that there are a lot of aftermarket companies on the market that make some nice kits for Subarus. You're not tied down to factory side skirts.

Quick Reply: Subaru Gebuine Parts / Subie Gal?