Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Subaru BRZ Enthusiast Test Drive video by Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX Wagon '02
Subaru BRZ Enthusiast Test Drive video by Subaru

I'm reposting this with the proper title. Sorry if you have already checked this out, but I didn't want people to miss this if they have because of the wrong title..

Subaru invited two enthusiasts out to their photo shoot and gave them a chance to drive the new Subaru BRZ for a day on some twisty California backroads, and asked them what they thought about the new BRZ! Check it out!

Subaru BRZ Enthusiast Test Drive - YouTube
Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
still like the BRZ but it would be that much better with 300hp lol
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
still like the BRZ but it would be that much better with 300hp lol
Not this again! Lol...
Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM

Just to clarify, the OP Scotto is the same Scott in that video driving the BRZ. I wish they'd do this in NorCal
Old 05-18-2012, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Not this again! Lol...
SORRY it's true the car is so amazing as it is... but I feel its way under powered! The STI BRZ I feel will really change the game in this car, I'm really thinking about getting a BRZ or a used Honda S2000
Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 AM

I put "lol" so you'd know I was laughing about it, cause I'm sure someone is going to argue with you about it again haha.

I'd still love a S2000, if I wasnt in line for a BRZ I'd get one.. Or an STI.. I've been thinking of it any way just to save some money.. But money comes and goes so buying a great entry level sports car is something I don't mind spending money on.. I just hate the waiting!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX Wagon '02
Just to clarify, the OP Scotto is the same Scott in that video driving the BRZ. I wish they'd do this in NorCal
That's true, Scotto is Scott in the video Lucky for me it was SoCal, though NorCal has some great roads!

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
SORRY it's true the car is so amazing as it is... but I feel its way under powered! The STI BRZ I feel will really change the game in this car, I'm really thinking about getting a BRZ or a used Honda S2000
It's cool we all have WRX's! I like the solution of having a WRX and a BRZ

The beauty of the power this car does have is that it allows you to really savor the experience of driving vs. compressing distances between corners with a lot more power. I felt the driving experience was nicely balanced with this engine. It's free revving and responsive. Alex, who's daily driver is a power beast, wanted maybe just a little more - so even for him that says a lot about how close to "right" the power is. This is one reason to keep the WRX for when you just want some boost

I'd still love a S2000, if I wasnt in line for a BRZ I'd get one.. Or an STI.. I've been thinking of it any way just to save some money.. But money comes and goes so buying a great entry level sports car is something I don't mind spending money on.. I just hate the waiting!!!
I like the hardtop of the BRZ and the added chassis stiffness that goes with it. The fuel economy is pretty sweet with the BRZ. I like your philosophy on "buying a great entry level sports car" and money!